Spontaneous shooting

This is a discussion on Spontaneous shooting within the Experimental Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Empty Diet Mountain Dew bottle through a Vladimir Vodka bottle lit by a ceiling light....

PHOTO EDITING OK

Arrow

Empty Diet Mountain Dew bottle through a Vladimir Vodka bottle lit by a ceiling light.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I really did laugh out loud because "spontaneous" shooting sort of makes me nervous and I can just picture you running around not even looking..Neat stuff..Did you do anything to these?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Maybe you should shoot BEFORE the vodka...

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Vodka and Mountain Dew??

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by smckeag81 View Post
    I really did laugh out loud because "spontaneous" shooting sort of makes me nervous and I can just picture you running around not even looking..Neat stuff..Did you do anything to these?
    I used to do it a lot but in a way it's sort of a bad habit in the commercial world (and expensive with film!). But you can get some interesting things (plus I get a feeling like I can cheat with no consequences , and with digital it's virtually free.) Straight out of the camera- these are the first pictures I've ever shown that have no pp, not even sharpening. For me, maybe the best part is it doesn't really much matter what they look like because I hardly did anything anyway; there seem to be a few point-and-shoot horses in my head and they're not easy to rein in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyflam View Post
    Maybe you should shoot BEFORE the vodka...
    Hm, maybe I should try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Vodka and Mountain Dew??
    A lot better than vodka and root beer

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Vodka and Mountain Dew... a perfect combo for this type of shooting

PHOTO EDITING OK
    In college, I had a friend who was very excited about the rolls of film he took while under the influence of some hallucinogenic mushrtake, injested accidently, ofcourse . To his disapointment he found 100 exposures of blurry, poorly exposed trees, street lamps and other assortments of mundane and uninspired compositions.

On the other hand I had a professor at another school who claimed that you should never work in the darkroom without a beer. I'm sure campus security appreciated his advice!

As for these, I'm not so sure how I feel about them. I think they're a little on the dark side, and lack composition - which can work, but I don't know if there are enough other elements to make it work. I think the last is my favorite. I actually kind of wonder what it'd be like in b/w...
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkle_turnip View Post
    I think they're a little on the dark side, and lack composition - which can work, but I don't know if there are enough other elements to make it work. I think the last is my favorite. I actually kind of wonder what it'd be like in b/w...
    :P Really?? Well, I wouldn't worry about it- probably some sort of server issue.

I'm not too curious about the B&W but feel free to convert them if you want.

Does your friend still have those pix? They might be worth a second look- more than a few times I've been disappointed because of shots not looking like what I thought they would, and looked again after time transpired and saw something I liked that I hadn't seen before.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Well I don't know if he does or not. That was about a decade ago. But you know, a lot of his work after was pretty blurry and contrasty, maybe he was inspired by toss images, who knows.

I may convert later. Wifey is using her computer now. Pfft stupid wifey and her wanting to use her computer!
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links