Lighting for pageant stage shots?

This is a discussion on Lighting for pageant stage shots? within the Event Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; I recently shot a children's beauty pageant at an old and poorly/unevenly lit stage. With my shutter speed at 200-800th/sec (moving from pose to pose ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Lighting for pageant stage shots?

I recently shot a children's beauty pageant at an old and poorly/unevenly lit stage. With my shutter speed at 200-800th/sec (moving from pose to pose - choreographed routines) and my f/ at 2.8 (wanting more like 4 or 5.6), my ISO was topping out at 4000/5000/6400 and still getting underexposed images and some of the worst noise I've ever seen, while struggling to get in-focus shots, due to the shallow depth of field... I used a Canon 70D and a Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8... I've looked YouTube over and Googled "lighting a stage" with no luck! All I have are 4 - 600ex-rt's (2-rapid boxes and 2-photoflex diffusers) and I don't think that will do me much good, due to frequent battery changes (not many breaks, so even a battery pack would not cut it...IDT?), recycle time, and power output... So I'm thinking a Constant Lighting Kit or a Strobe Kit, maybe 2 monolights to criss cross the stage.... Any ideas? Power needed? Diffusers?... Trying to stay under a $1,000 USD.... Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Banned
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Children's beauty is one of the beautiful thing in the photography. At first Recycle time,power output is a constant lighting is one of the important thing in photo.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links