Some shots

This is a discussion on Some shots within the Event Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; suggestions on how to impove greatly appreciated...I've been asked by 2 coworkers to do thier upcoming weddings. I am fearful b/c I don't do this ...

Thread: Some shots

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    suggestions on how to impove greatly appreciated...I've been asked by 2 coworkers to do thier upcoming weddings. I am fearful b/c I don't do this professionally and am scared of the pressure.

Here are samples of candids I took at the last wedding I was in.

The Bride-

The Bride & Groom-

Camera Crazy Bridesmaids-

Groom with his son before ceremony-

Jr. Bridesmaid getting makeup on-
    Heather

My Blog

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Bride dancing with my son during the money dance-

toasting-

wedding cake-
    Heather

My Blog

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I can relate to the fear
    I am shooting a family member's wedding in July.
    Fortunately, it won't be a big formal affair, but I hope to learn a few things, in time!

I really like the BW shot of the bride. My only suggestions would be to soften the shiny spots on her face. (There is glow, and then there is ... perspiration); and I would crop it just a few pixels lower, so all of her necklace is in the frame.

I like the color shot of the happy couple, despite the blown-out background. I don't know how to overcome that, but a polarizing filter would probably help, in bright light.

When there is so much difference in height, you might consider having the taller person seated, and the shorter one standing, so their faces are closer together.... altho it's very cute that she is so much shorter than the guy. Personally, I would shoot it both ways.

BBW tend to look their best when they are posed with a bit of a twist at the waist. This lady has really big arms, and would have probably looked a bit better from a more frontal angle?

The candid shots are just great, as of course they would be, with Heather behind the camera! I think you just have to do the best you can, with those, and you did good.

There are a few really good event photogs on the Forum. I'll be looking at their work, and reading their posts, to try and have some idea of what I am supposed to be doing, when the time comes.
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Heather, good advice from Arla, wish I could add more but weddings and portraits are not my thing but I think a big part of the battle is confidence and being a little bossy (or I should say with authority).

I am sure there are plenty on here who have some good advice to give as well as plenty of resources on the net.

I am sure you will do great and then we will be coming to you for advice.

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Heather,

I've shot hundreds upon hundreds of photos at weddings as a back-up candid photog for good friends but I was never the main photographer and I think I am too scared to be....

I'm in no way an expert on this either so I don't have much technical advice (besides points that Arla mentioned) that could really help.

The only thing I can say is to google wedding photography tips and read, read, read like crazy.

My advice is to the events section on the forum and look through as many posts as you can stand to read. I know that recently a member posted a link about wedding photography that had some really great tips. Look for that post and find that link (it was recent). It was a good link with good advice.
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you for the many suggestions and comments.

PhotoRover can you give me step by steps on how to unshine her face after the fact or is there no way to do so?
    Heather

My Blog

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    What software are you using?
    You should have a softening tool ...?

PM me, for more details?
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links