My first wedding pics

This is a discussion on My first wedding pics within the Event Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Hi there, The wedding was a rush and the wedding part were not in the least interested in having the pics take, they wanted to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hi there,

The wedding was a rush and the wedding part were not in the least interested in having the pics take, they wanted to rush off to the next part of the wedding.
    There was a registration, photos in a garden...getting ready again...the church blessing and photos in a different location and finally the reception.

As it was my first wedding and I am not too experienced with taking pics of people, worrying about exposure and composition took up most of my thoughts, never mind figuring out where to stand, where to go next and to watch my battery power!

Anyway these are a few I came up with - please...any comments, good or bad. are more than welcome

PHOTO EDITING OK
    great series...i love the " away from the norm" feel of many wedding photos...
    the shoes one at the end is just cool ....certainly NOT what youd expect to see in a wedding album...well done!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks for the comment!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    None of these do anything for me, I'm afraid.

Weddings are best left to professionals.
    My photo blog
    I use a Canon EOS 40D + various lenses.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    None of these do anything for me, I'm afraid.

Weddings are best left to professionals.
    This was indeed my first wedding after owning a camera for only 9 months, however it was me or nothing so I did try my best for the couple

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Aww. I don;t think that they are THAT bad, and certainly better than the mess I'd make at a wedding (my last shot would likely be shoes being hurled at me with an angry bride charging towered and a mob of wedding guests with torches, pitch forks, axes and a chainsaw or two). But really, might not be a $20,000 wedding shoot, but, it's really not any worse than 75% of professional photographers out there. That being said, I think there is room for improvement in 75% of portrait and event photographers - the same is true here.

#4 I think is strongest. But overall, I think the issue is a lack of experience and I think you'll get better if you really want to. The black and whites are a little on the dark side for taste, especially #2. Anglo skin should be in zone 5 or 6, and I prefer 6 over 5. Five would be middle grey, so use your eye dropper and measure the skin tone - it should be at or slightly greater than 127 in 8-bit mode (assuming that your app maps values absolutely, rather than a 0.0-1.0 [0.5 is middle] scale or 0-100% [50% is middle] scale)

Ok, maybe this is a bit harsh, and maybe this is just a personal taste thing. However, #3. I don't understand why people insist on doing this. What is so important about the corsages? Are they more important that the best men? (ofcourse not!) So why hilight them so pronounced? This effect is often over-used and, frankly abused. It's one thing to hilight something that has importance, but it's another to hilight something random. IMO it's best just to let this cliche stay with tacky posters of little kids kissing.
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    haha thanks very much for that twinkle, advice much heeded and loving the tip for the skin tones. Weddings is defo not my cup of tea what with he rush and the stressed couple...mayhaps a bad experience? But if i should do another, i will know the ropes and be more experienced!

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    You did very well for your first wedding job. I like #4 - good wedding photojournalism.
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Good effort for a first time and with a few more under your belt you'll turn more professional, the professionals didn't one day wake up and find they were good at wedding pics... THEY PRACTICED and became that way.
    Don't be put off with negative comments, keep pushing the button and keep capturing.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Good effort for a first time and with a few more under your belt you'll turn more professional, the professionals didn't one day wake up and find they were good at wedding pics... THEY PRACTICED and became that way.
    Don't be put off with negative comments, keep pushing the button and keep capturing.
    Cheers for that Defo gonna learn all i can from this experience!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links