2nd shooter at a wedding in Valparaiso, IN

This is a discussion on 2nd shooter at a wedding in Valparaiso, IN within the Event Photography forums, part of the PHOTO GALLERIES category; Saturday was a first for me in a couple of ways. 1st, I drove to Valpo, by myself, 3 hrs away (kinda a big deal ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Saturday was a first for me in a couple of ways. 1st, I drove to Valpo, by myself, 3 hrs away (kinda a big deal for me. lol) and 2nd second shooting for another photog out of Ft. Wayne. We had beautiful weather and wonderful locations for the bridal party. Also that church is crazy beautiful, but hot!! The other photog and I were soaking by the time the ceremony and pictures were finished.

Here are some random pics

not straightened yet

fan was blowing camera right....she was getting very roasty so groom was helping to cool her. LOL Very funny candid

[b]Nikon D90*Nikon D40x * Nikon 18-55mm * Nikon 55-200 * Nikon 50mm 1.4
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

The photog had an off camera flash on camera right. In one shot that I got the groom moved allowing the flash to be seen, but it created this little burst. So, I asked the bride to look up at me and this is what I got

I would drive 3 hours just to shoot in Valparaiso. Seriously? This wall rocks!

This was in the beginning of the day, obviously. =)
    I waited for this one shot. I really wanted it in my portfolio
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Julie well done on these - #9 - what an amazing backdrop - which lens did you use on #1 the 18-55mm - just curious?

Really love the last shot.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Julie well done on these - #9 - what an amazing backdrop - which lens did you use on #1 the 18-55mm - just curious?

Actually on the first and second one, the other photog let me use her 17-70mm lens....the one that I'm buying today.

I'm so glad you commented on my FB because it really stopped me to think about what I really wanted. Did I want to sacrafice that quality for a closer up shot and then...how often to I really need to get in that tight like that. I need a wider shot more often then I need a tighter one.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Actually on the first and second one, the other photog let me use her 17-70mm lens....the one that I'm buying today.

I'm so glad you commented on my FB because it really stopped me to think about what I really wanted. Did I want to sacrafice that quality for a closer up shot and then...how often to I really need to get in that tight like that. I need a wider shot more often then I need a tighter one.

[/quote]
    I agree about 9, but I'm a big fan of #6 as well. Beautiful series! Is that the Sigma you're talking about?

Don't forget - sometimes you can go wide and tight at the same time!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links