Is the Pentax K-50 the right choice for me?

This is a discussion on Is the Pentax K-50 the right choice for me? within the Which DSLR should I buy? forums, part of the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories category; Hi, I've decided that I want to take up landscape photography especially when I go hiking. I've done a lot of looking at different cameras ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Is the Pentax K-50 the right choice for me?

Hi, I've decided that I want to take up landscape photography especially when I go hiking. I've done a lot of looking at different cameras and narrowed it down to a few cameras which basically take 2 categories. 1st category, the Pentax K-3, Nikon D7100, or Sony SLT A77 II, all basically the same in terms of performance and price. These are a little bit more money than I really want to be spending right now which brings me to category 2. Pentax K-50, and the D5200, close in price but different in specs. First of all, what I want out of a camera is high quality pictures with a high resolution so that I can make great desktop wallpapers and some smaller prints, I'd also like do to some large prints so if I don't have a huge resolution (16.2 MP K-50) can't I just stitch together a bunch of images to get a big one? So I've basically chosen the K-50 because it is weather sealed and the 5200 isn't (I really want a rugged camera), even though the 5200 has 24 MP the pixel size is much less than the K-50. So really my question is do I need more than 16.2 MP or can I work with that and the K-50s high image quality, or even do I really need something from my 1st Category?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Not sure if you've bought one yet but this site: Camera Comparison - Snapsort is great for comparisons. I have a friend who has had nothing but good things to say about the K-50 but there are definitely a few within that price range you should be looking at too that you haven't mentioned.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links