Canon 70d Vs Nikon D7100

This is a discussion on Canon 70d Vs Nikon D7100 within the Which DSLR should I buy? forums, part of the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories category; Hello im new to the forum, and yes im fully aware im treading on very dangerous territory already just by talking about both these brands. ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Canon 70d Vs Nikon D7100

Hello im new to the forum, and yes im fully aware im treading on very dangerous territory already just by talking about both these brands. Yes I have done a ton of research, yes I have a budget in mind. I currently using a Canon Rebel Xs, and have a 18-135mm, 50mm, and 50-250mm lenses.

For some general info in how I will be using the camera, I do a lot of landscape photography, currently no real model shooting, or sports. I really dont have any interest in video graphing, or recording videos. I simply enjoy taking pictures more, as well as I believe pictures can show just as much if not more emotion and experience than videos do.

My biggest question im really trying to ask you guys is this: I have heard that Nikon is generally a bit better with pictures, and Canon is a bit better or further with Videos. Being that I basically only do pictures, and stills, would it be better for me to switch to Nikon as Im currently using Canon. I really dont have any particular affinity for either one, really whatever will work best for me is what im interested in.

Any other info needed? Please ask, I know im asking a lot, and there is a spec debate, but really im looking for whatever will work best for what I use. Thanks, DD. And yes I have seen the popular youtube video comparing the two with the awesome intro.

Equipment
    D300,D800,various Nikon & Sigma lenses
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Not really dangerous territory though some people do have strong opinions. I prefer Nikon, but that is partly because I'm already invested in Nikon lenses and other accessories. I think there are a lot of outstanding cameras out there and you can't really go wrong with either. You already have several Canon lenses already so that could be a factor. You say you are using a Rebel Xs. I think in order for you to make the best decision you need to look at what you're using now. What limitations do you feel the Rebel has that you would like to improve on? Do you feel you need more mp's, or better ISO? Faster frame rate? Then look for a camera that addresses your needs. Don't get caught up in the latest and greatest, it's expensive and may not best suit your needs. Hope I didn't muddy things up too much.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links