Nikon D3200?

This is a discussion on Nikon D3200? within the Which DSLR should I buy? forums, part of the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories category; Hello! I've decided that it's time to delve into the world of DSLRs- exciting and scary at the same time! Since I'm going to be ...

Thread: Nikon D3200?

PHOTO EDITING OK

Nikon D3200?

Hello! I've decided that it's time to delve into the world of DSLRs- exciting and scary at the same time! Since I'm going to be spending quite a bit of money, I've really been researching which camera to buy and come to the tentative decision of the Nikon D3200. Amazon features a "deal" with the D3200 body, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Lens, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SLD DG Macro Lens, a 32 GB memory card, a "Well Padded Multi Compartment Gadget Bag with Pockets & Strap" (though a review says that it's worth nothing), and a 59'' tripod with case, among a few other odds and ends for about $770. The three things I'm most interested in are the camera body, the 18-55 lens, and the Sigma 70-300 mm macro lens. Do you think this is a good deal? If you have used the D3200 and/or suggest another camera, please let me know! Thanks!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Diving into the SLR world is pretty overwhelming. Deciding on which camera body, well that really depends on your needs and what you expect to get out of it. The feature that I would want is an internal focus motor. The D3200 does not have one. Having a body with the motor just allows you to have a bigger range of lenses to choose from. Allthough, you can use most all nikon lenses. The ability for your camera to auto focus will be limited on AF-s lenses. Ones having there own focus motor. I'm not putting down the D3200 but there are better body's out there that I would choose over that choice. I own the D90 which is a pretty awesome camera. Good luck.

PHOTO EDITING OK

Thumbs up

Nikon cameras are generally good. I have heard good things about D3200. Yes..as AphPhoto said , you need to know what you want to get out of it. But since you have a decent budget Don't ignore other cameras.
    Esp. Nikon D7100

All the best.
    Last edited by ThirdEye19; 07-08-2013 at 05:23 AM.

Equipment
    Nikon D5000
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks like a good deal.
    With a tight budget, D3200 is a good camera to start with..

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links