how to...

This is a discussion on how to... within the Do-It-Yourself forums, part of the Photography Tips category; A few years ago I joined an online photo and art community. I like looking through the different pictures, and one day I found an ...

Thread: how to...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    A few years ago I joined an online photo and art community. I like looking through the different pictures, and one day I found an artist which I like very much. He has a picture which I'd like to learn to do, I messaged him and he never replied. Basically, the background is completely black. There is a tall wine glass with a blue base. It's in the middle of the shot and looks like it's floating cuz everything is black, no visible base. The glass is maybe half full of water and he dropped half a lime in it capturing the moment it falls in. What I love is that it all looks so bright and perfect. I'd love to learn how to do this if anyone could teach me (if you can even understand what I'm trying to explain hehe). I'd post the link but the rules state I'm not supposed to. Although you can do a search for tim wray lime splash and you'll find it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    Sony a390

Equipment
    Canon, Cambro/Calumet
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    You may post a link... just not the photo.
    Capture all the photons you want; the universe will make more.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sony a390

After looking at the pic it gave me a couple of ideas how to achieve that. The glass has a blue glass base. It could be sitting on a light from the bottom. The size of the lime in the glass made me wonder if it was in fact dropped causing a splash. What if the glass was filled with carbonated liquid, the lime put in the glass. Then the top of the glass is covered and turned upside down. Then remove the stopper to the glass and shoot quick while the water drops out. Turn it right side up and it looks like the lime was dropped. Just an idea that could be a possibility.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

Equipment
    Canon, Cambro/Calumet
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    The orange is a much larger container of water with a black background and lit from above, pretty straight forward. The lime looks like about the same setup only it's sitting on the black background or a piece of glass in front of the background. For whatever reason the lime isn't as crisp.
    Capture all the photons you want; the universe will make more.

lost. always lost..
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sony a390

More interesting ideas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtFYyxYQWo...feature=related

Sorry about my late reply :P

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links