Fun with Foamie

This is a discussion on Fun with Foamie within the Do-It-Yourself forums, part of the Photography Tips category; I had a sheet of White Foamie left so I made something for the heck of it. Something to just soften the forward light with ...

Thread: Fun with Foamie

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I had a sheet of White Foamie left so I made something for the heck of it. Something to just soften the forward light with a speedie on the camera. Very simple to make yet works like a charm if you dont have Stands and Umbrellas or Softbox or just want to be portable.

The last photo was my tester.. untouched except for crop and resize. 1/1 Power on flash. EXIF: ISO 100, 55 mm, f/6.3 and 1/160 sec. She was about 4 - 5 feet away.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

PHOTO EDITING OK
    That's pretty cool and the light's definitely better. Lol, looks like your "testor" has a sense of humor and might be thinking something like, "omg, here he goes again..."

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Pretty much since she is my model and Guinna Pig for photo stuff. I think the top flap may need to be a little longer to keep the light loss down a little more. Will find out when I get some more white foamies to work with.

Needed a new mouse pad today .. so guess what happened to a green foamie..lol. Its nicer having a large mouse pad to roll on.
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Good idea..
    Weapons: A 1977 Praktica LTL3
    Kodak ZD710
    Nikon D-40 w/Nikkor 18-55mm, Nikkor 55-200mm, & remote
    Kenko 420-800mm + 2X Teleconverter
    Digital Concepts Close Up Lens Set, Macro Ring Set.

Life Through A Lens, Is A Life Time Full Of Memories......

PHOTO EDITING OK
    awesome idea!! nice work.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links