Photoblog

This is a discussion on Photoblog within the Do-It-Yourself forums, part of the Photography Tips category; I think everyone should have some sort of a photoblog. No matter what your level is in photography, I think a photoblog can be beneficial. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photoblog

I think everyone should have some sort of a photoblog. No matter what your level is in photography, I think a photoblog can be beneficial. If you are a casual photographer then it can be as simple as a place to share pictures with friends and family outside of facebook -- something that is geared only towards pictures, facebook is a generalized site. Or if you are a little more serious, a photoblog can be a great promotional tool for you.

Here is a great article on how to make a photoblog.

Good article but the part of the "content" I guess it's not complete. If you want to describe, or tell something with photographs you should read a little more about photo-essay or photo-documentary, this in case of course you want something more structurated. Cheers.

I use Blogger via Google - great for images
    Wordpress is great for for text intensive blogging

PHOTO EDITING OK
    My blog includes photos, sometimes descriptions of How I did those photos...sometimes a quirky story to go with photos.
    Sometimes it is about Mules and training them, or equine health.

A blog can do many things, having photos do help!
    *I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

Photo blogs are a great way to get your photos out there and get noticed, but you have to know how to market your photoblog, along with the photos you should have some great content too.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I don't agree that wordpress is primarily good for text intensive blogs. Both of my sites are 100% wordpress and with the right plugins and template they are perfect for text and photos. I upload to 3 different locations for my blogs. I upload to one of my web sites, my flickr, and my facebook. Uploading isn't as easy since I'm doing it to three different areas but I do this in part for SEO reasons and in part to feel important

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great article. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing this informative article

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photoblogs will also inspire you to take more pictures, hone your skills, and make you see your improvement. You can also use it as your portfolio.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Creating and looking after a photo blogging site is no more difficult when compared with creating and updating a text-based blog, and many individuals feel like the internet's high-speed, full-color infrastructure reaches the pinnacle of its appeal with the communication of images. Publishing photographs in a blog layout on a daily, weekly, or maybe occasional schedule is a great method to express yourself while getting to people in an emotionally charged and artistically participating way, and surfing photo blogs and forums can help you to get a brand new aspect of the world in which we live.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I recently started a blog Bryan Smith Photography and i am using blogger. i mainly chose it because it was simple. is it the best thing to use for a photo blog?

bryan smith
    Bryan Smith Photography

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links