Do-It-Yourself Lightbox

This is a discussion on Do-It-Yourself Lightbox within the Do-It-Yourself forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Since this is the Photography Knowledge Exchange I thought I would exchange some knowledge! I made my very own D-I-Y LIGHTBOX yesterday and I documented ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Red face

Since this is the Photography Knowledge Exchange I thought I would exchange some knowledge!

I made my very own D-I-Y LIGHTBOX yesterday and I documented the entire process step by step to share it with all of you.

Rather than posting everything twice I will point you to my blog where I posted the entire process with photos!

Click here ---> http://jenweaverphotography.blogspot.com/2...f-lightbox.html

Hope this detailed process will help you all create your own lightbox.

If you make one - let me know how you do!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Awesome!!! Results are great too!!!

You're the uber-Jersey gal!!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    you rock!!
    [b]Nikon D90*Nikon D40x * Nikon 18-55mm * Nikon 55-200 * Nikon 50mm 1.4
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks for the detailed explanation..Just wanted to add, if you have "Dollar Tree" stores in your area, they also have foam board (2x3 ft) sheets for a buck a piece..then you won't feel so bad if you mess up a cut LOL
    I'll definitely have to try this!!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Can't wait to see if you do try this Chrissy!

Thanks for the dollar store suggestion! Much cheaper than Staples or Office Max.
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks like a good idea. Thanks for sharing!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Nice work Jen. Thanks for the share. I have a suggestion or a thought. (yea I know its hard to beleive) If you cut a hole in the center top, and the center sides. Cover them with a white shear cloth then you could change the angle of your lights when and if you need to.
    Canon's --> || EOS 30D || EF28-135mm IS USM || EF70-200 f/2.8L IS USM ||

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks, Jen!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Nice work Jen. Thanks for the share. I have a suggestion or a thought. (yea I know its hard to beleive) If you cut a hole in the center top, and the center sides. Cover them with a white shear cloth then you could change the angle of your lights when and if you need to.
    I saw some tutoials for cutting the side holes and doing the sheer fabric and I was tempted to try that.... I did mention cutting a hole in the top for overhead shots in #8

8) Alternate Option: I also read about cutting a 3-sided hole (flap) in the top of the lightbox if you like to shoot the object from a top view. If you cut a hole in the top of the box, this is possible. Be careful not to cut too much, you'll want to score the part you don't cut, that makes it bend with ease. I haven't done this myself but I wanted to mention the option in case you were interested.

But I think I should mention your other idea in #8 as well. That way it's there in case someone wants to take it that far they can. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Minolta 35-105mm
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This is excellent, Jen! Thank you!

So what did you grand total end up being, for all of the supplies? I'd like to talk my mom into lending me some cash to make a lightbox.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links