Shooting Olympic Opening ceremony

This is a discussion on Shooting Olympic Opening ceremony within the Do's and Dont's forums, part of the Photography Tips category; I am planning to shoot picture during Olympic games in Beijing that will take place 1 week time. I will shoot from outside the stadium ...

I am planning to shoot picture during Olympic games in Beijing that will take place 1 week time.

I will shoot from outside the stadium and taken the picture for the stadium and fire works. I am planning to use a lense 17-50mm 2.8. Can anybody tell me what is the suitable shutter speed and aperture should I use?

Should I get a wide angle lense or any other suggestion to shoot a great picture?

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum.

Shutter speed and aperature depend on the available light. I wouldn't attempt fireworks without a tripod. The 17-50 is pretty wide, but if it's not enough, and you are on a tripod, consider trying multiple shots stitched as a panorama.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Welcome to the forum.

Shutter speed and aperature depend on the available light. I wouldn't attempt fireworks without a tripod. The 17-50 is pretty wide, but if it's not enough, and you are on a tripod, consider trying multiple shots stitched as a panorama.
    Thanks for the comments, My Camera model is Canon 350D and the ratio of the lense is 1.6. So the lense I have 17-50 is actually about 27-80 as equivalent to 35mm.

U mean take multiple fireworks picture for panorama? Is it works?

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Actually I was thinking panorama for the stadium.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Actually I was thinking panorama for the stadium.
    Unfortunately I can't go near to the stadium, will stay more than 1 KM away.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links