Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii?

This is a discussion on Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii? within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I would welcome recommendations based on personal experience as regards a tripod suitable for use with a Powershot G7X ii on day trips and if ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii?

I would welcome recommendations based on personal experience as regards a tripod suitable for use with a Powershot G7X ii on day trips and if possible longer treks.

I am looking for a tripod that is as light as possible but yet stable enough for photos of landscapes, seascapes and cityscapes, including night scenes, even if there is wind.

Height is not a major factor since I can tilt the touchscreen down to frame and focus.

I was initially attracted to the very light tripods such as Vanguard Veo2 235, Rollei TR1, Sirui T series, etc., but my enthusiasm was cooled when I read reviews which complained that when fully extended they were not very stable, especially in windy situations.

I have tried a Gorillapod but find it useless out in the open.

Thanks for your suggestions!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Get a Manfrotto Pixi Mini, It compact and stable.

Any tripod gets less stable when fully extended and there is wind. I dont recommend anything by Manfrotto. They make junk and I dont understand how they stay in business. Vanguard is a good tripod. Mine came with a small attachment that clips on the legs and you can put something in it like dirt or rocks to stabilize the tripod on windy days.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links