Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii?

This is a discussion on Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii? within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I would welcome recommendations based on personal experience as regards a tripod suitable for use with a Powershot G7X ii on day trips and if ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Which travel tripod for Powershot G7X mark ii?

I would welcome recommendations based on personal experience as regards a tripod suitable for use with a Powershot G7X ii on day trips and if possible longer treks.

I am looking for a tripod that is as light as possible but yet stable enough for photos of landscapes, seascapes and cityscapes, including night scenes, even if there is wind.

Height is not a major factor since I can tilt the touchscreen down to frame and focus.

I was initially attracted to the very light tripods such as Vanguard Veo2 235, Rollei TR1, Sirui T series, etc., but my enthusiasm was cooled when I read reviews which complained that when fully extended they were not very stable, especially in windy situations.

I have tried a Gorillapod but find it useless out in the open.

Thanks for your suggestions!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Get a Manfrotto Pixi Mini, It compact and stable.

Any tripod gets less stable when fully extended and there is wind. I dont recommend anything by Manfrotto. They make junk and I dont understand how they stay in business. Vanguard is a good tripod. Mine came with a small attachment that clips on the legs and you can put something in it like dirt or rocks to stabilize the tripod on windy days.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The Zomei range isnt bad and is usually much cheaper than the stuff you can gt from Manfrotto.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I love the Manfrotto Pixi Mini. It's portable, secure and also when the legs are folded together, works as a fantastic take care of to bring the G7Xii, specifically when firing video clip.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    "light as possible but yet stable enough for photos of landscapes"

The two don't go together you can have light and you can have stable

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by lillyann View Post
    I love the Manfrotto Pixi Mini. It's portable, secure and also when the legs are folded together, works as a fantastic take care of to bring the G7Xii, specifically when firing video clip.

As long as the grass isn't too high

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanChapman View Post
    I would welcome recommendations based on personal experience as regards a tripod suitable for use with a Powershot G7X ii on day trips and if possible longer treks.

I am looking for a tripod that is as light as possible but yet stable enough for photos of landscapes, seascapes and cityscapes, including night scenes, even if there is wind.

Height is not a major factor since I can tilt the touchscreen down to frame and focus.

I was initially attracted to the very light tripods such as Vanguard Veo2 235, Rollei TR1, Sirui T series, etc., but my enthusiasm was cooled when I read reviews which complained that when fully extended they were not very stable, especially in windy situations.

I have tried a Gorillapod but find it useless out in the open.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I assume you have never carried a plastic carrier bag with you ???

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  383.0 KB

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links