The new Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Camera

This is a discussion on The new Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Camera within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; The Nikon Z6 , a full-frame mirrorless Ďall-rounderí camera with 24.5Mp has been announced with a price of £2,099 and release date late November 2018. ...

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK

The new Nikon Z6 Mirrorless Camera

Name:  nikon-z6.png
Views: 24
Size:  278.4 KB

The Nikon Z6, a full-frame mirrorless Ďall-rounderí camera with 24.5Mp has been announced with a price of £2,099 and release date late November 2018. Nikon has been dropping teasers left right and centre about it eagerly awaited full-frame mirrorless camera, but what it failed to mention until now is that there would be two cameras. Yes, in addition to the 45.7MP Nikon Z7, the company has also revealed the Nikon Nikon Z6. Apart from a few key aspects, itís almost identical to the to Nikon Z7. The most significant point, for many, is that the Yís full-frame sensor has 24.5million effective pixels.

It uses the same Expeed 6 processing engine and in the lower-resolution, Nikon Z6 this enables as maximum continuous shooting rate of 12fps. In addition, the sensitivity range is ISO 100-51,200, wider than that of the Nikon Z7. There are also 273 phase detection autofocus points that operate whether youíre shooting stills or video.

Nikon is billing the Nikon Z6 as an all-rounder and itís aimed at enthusiast photographers, especially existing Nikon photographers. Nikon sees the Nikon Z6 as the mirrorless partner to the Nikon D750 and itís a natural competitor to the Sony A7 III.

Continue Reading @ CameraJabber

I like the idea of these mirrorless systems that Nikon produced but they dropped the ball with only one card slot. Cards fail and looks like I will be sticking with my D850 with dual slots until they put 2 slots in the mirrorless cameras.
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

I woudnt let a single slot make that the deciding factor. Image quality would do it for me. Nice to see an admin around here. Its been a while. A long while.
    I wont shoot a wedding for any amount of money.

Equipment
    Fuji GFX 50s
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It's about time Nikon and Canon get in the mirrorless game. My gateway camera was the Sony A7ii and eventually, I ended up with Fuji. You'd have to pry my GFX out of my cold dead hands.

Bynx have you every had a card fail on you? I have my friend and I could never come to a client and say I'm sorry you paid me to photograph your wedding but my card failed and you have no wedding photos. I'll take a hard pass until they think about what are non negotiable for professionals out there. This is prosumer at best.
    Orlando Wedding Photographer William Arthur Photography

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links