lens choice advice needed please

This is a discussion on lens choice advice needed please within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi there. I've the choice to go with the Subsequent purchases Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 & Canon 24-70mm or Canon 17-40mm & Canon 24-105mm. I presently ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

lens choice advice needed please

Hi there.

I've the choice to go with the Subsequent purchases
    Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 & Canon 24-70mm or Canon 17-40mm & Canon 24-105mm.

I presently have a Canon EOS 7D and older but still in great nic Canon 1D. That I dont use but perhaps 1 day I might look at going full frame but have no plans to go complete framework for awhile as really pleased with the 7D functionality for what I do.

I mostly do rural photography function including landscapes and domestic creatures portraits and a real property out in open paddocks where states may differ from hot and dusty climates to cold freezing, rain and snow on the floor through winter when outside in the area.

I am just wondering in individuals view what is the ideal mix from the above to provide me for image quality and value for the money.

I really do alot of rural arenas equally in reduced light first light throughout the evenings and also on sunsets. I'd love to do alot more nighttime portraits or landscapes when we frequently acquire full moon across the paddocks that gives off great effects with older old rustic buildings and corals etc from the immediate path of the light in the complete moon. Which are the better lens that the Canon 17-40mm or the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8? Overall for all these uses

Also working with cows, dogs and horses occasionally there maybe not the most agreeable this why additionally believed the excess zoom span of the 24-105mm if I cant get too close but will be giving off much in image quality in the 24-70mm if I moved the 24-105mm? .

Any information would be appreciated, many thanks

Sounds like you need to do some image testing. I'm a Nikon guy so I can't really say anything about the quality of these lenses because I just don't know. Take the time and shoot different scenes with all the lenses and you can see a side by side comparison of all of them. Then you will know oh I'm doing a landscape from far away maybe use the 24-70, oh I'm doing a landscape close up maybe use the 11-16mm. This is where you develop your skills as a photographer and your personality. I like wide scenes but others may like the close up details. These little choices are what make you you with your art.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links