Step Up Ring

This is a discussion on Step Up Ring within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I'm trying to find how many mm is my compact's lens.I want to buy a step up ring to 52mm.But I don't know what to ...

Thread: Step Up Ring

PHOTO EDITING OK

Step Up Ring

I'm trying to find how many mm is my compact's lens.I want to buy a step up ring to 52mm.But I don't know what to order a 25-52mm or a 35-52mm ring ?
    *As you see on the photo, the capital letters say 25mm but the smaller ones say 35mm format,which is right ?
    Last edited by thanos_tj's; 04-17-2017 at 11:04 AM.

The 22mm and 35mm are not linear measurements but rather the lens size. It says its a 25mm lens with a 35mm format equivalent to 125mm. You need to know the actual thread measurement in diameter to be able to buy the right ring.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
    The 22mm and 35mm are not linear measurements but rather the lens size. It says its a 25mm lens with a 35mm format equivalent to 125mm. You need to know the actual thread measurement in diameter to be able to buy the right ring.
    Ok I see my camera is the Sony Cybershot Dsc -H300.But I can't find the diameter of the lens neither on the cap or the lens itself.

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

With your particular camera you cannot add anything to the lens. No filters, step up or step down rings, or even a lens hood. This according to Sony. It took me 10 seconds to get my answer. Google is amazing. You should give it a shot.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links