new lens for canon rebel t5

This is a discussion on new lens for canon rebel t5 within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hello all I am new to photography and just received my Rebel T5. So far I just have the stock ef-s 18-55 mm lens. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhazz138

Thread: new lens for canon rebel t5

PHOTO EDITING OK

new lens for canon rebel t5

Hello all I am new to photography and just received my Rebel T5. So far I just have the stock ef-s 18-55 mm lens. I would like to get another lens. Rite now I don't really have a specific style of shooting in mind, I'm just trying a little of everything to see what I like. However it seems like landscapes and cityscapes are kind of the majority of what I have access to. So my question is if you were in my situation and had 2-3 hundred to spend on a lens what would pick up? thanx in advance for any help!

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    None, yet. Because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazz138 View Post
    ...I don't really have a specific style of shooting in mind, I'm just trying a little of everything to see what I like...
    I totally get the "I want more stuff" thing; in photography we call it "GAS" or, "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". The problem is, when people buy stuff just to get something, it's usually the wrong thing. Wait until you've gone out shooting and found the same issue at least a half-dozen times, "This lens isn't fast enough", or "This lens isn't wide enough" or "This lens isn't long enough" and then get the lens that will fulfill that requirement.
    Visit my website: John's Photography Comments and critique always appreciated.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    that makes sense. how will I know what need, until I know what I need. that's sound advice. I'll keep shooting!
    tirediron likes this.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links