Set up ready for the 7d

This is a discussion on Set up ready for the 7d within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; hi, A little advice if someone can help me please! I am currently using a 450d but I am buying a 7d next week the ...

+ Reply to Thread
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Set up ready for the 7d

hi,
    A little advice if someone can help me please!

I am currently using a 450d but I am buying a 7d next week the day I go on holiday to the Gower.

Whilst I will probably continue to use the 450d mostly on holiday as I know it - I'm sure I'll want to at least try the 7d a few times (depending on how big the manual is and how well I get on setting it up!)

My question is that as I do not have internet comnnection on holiday (you can google your way out of most problems!), is there anything I need to download/set up in advance? I am currently on ACR 4.4 I believe, so would I have to download ACR 5.6 before I go, and would this interfere with using the 450d? I use Elements 10 if that makes a difference to anything?

To tell you the truth, it's the computer side of things that have put me off of upgrading until now. As it stands, it works, and I don't like rocking the boat, so to speak!! The last thing I want to do is set it up for the 7d to find I start having problems with the 450d on holiday!!

Any advice gratefully received!

Kina

Ads