used mamiya 645 VS. Mamiya645 DM22 ?

This is a discussion on used mamiya 645 VS. Mamiya645 DM22 ? within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I am moving into medium format digital, weighing the options of used bodys and mounting digital backs super expensive but the images produced are spectacular. ...

I am moving into medium format digital, weighing the options of used bodys and mounting digital backs
    super expensive but the images produced are spectacular.
    Here is the question: Having the option, would you buy a used Mamiya645 for 1500.00 and put a
    Phase One P20+ digital back on it OR Buy the Mamiya645 DM22 for 10 grand?
    Is the phase One a superior digital back all around?

heathersphotos.com
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Wow I have no idea.. I hope someone can help you with input soon!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/w...um/banner7.jpg
    "You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it." ~Author Unknown
    Vintage SLR's

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I can offer no input of any value, but will be watching this with interest because while you're playing in a league or two above mine, I have no doubt though that the future of high-end imaging lies in medium format. I hope one day sensor manufacturing costs will decline, or my resources will increase to the point where this is just about affordable for me.
    Currently playing with my EOS 1V & 5D MkII + various L-Series, Minolta MC/MD, M39 RFs, assorted 70-80's fixed lens RFs and occasional MF TLRs

Quote Originally Posted by ZDP-189 View Post
    I can offer no input of any value, but will be watching this with interest because while you're playing in a league or two above mine, I have no doubt though that the future of high-end imaging lies in medium format. I hope one day sensor manufacturing costs will decline, or my resources will increase to the point where this is just about affordable for me.
    Hey it is never "Affordable" I just work my "blank" off to get the equipment.

R0B
    Equipment
    Sony A77 + grip, Sony A200 + grip, Sony 16-50mm f/2.8, Sony 50mm f/1.8, Sony 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6, tokina 70-210mm f/4-5.6, 2 flashguns.
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Just splash out on a Hasselblad h4d-60, you probably won't be eating for a year two though :P

On a more serious note, a thing to bear in mind is that the phase one backs are pretty much indestructible, see this.
    500px.com/robellis
    http://facebook.com/robellisphotography

Sony A77, A200, Grips for both, 16-50 f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 18-70 f/3.5-5.6, 70-210 f/4-5.6, 2 flashguns.

NME Under 21's music photographer of the year runner up.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links