Recent Grad Student looking for new camera

This is a discussion on Recent Grad Student looking for new camera within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hey all, I recently started my MFA in Graphic Design @ Digital Media Arts College. I am looking to buy a DSLR, and was wondering ...

Hey all,

I recently started my MFA in Graphic Design @ Digital Media Arts College. I am looking to buy a DSLR, and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions between the price range of 500-1000$. I have recently been looking at the Nikon D5000... any comments?

Thanks

Joe B.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Welcome to the forum!

That's a fairly wide budget range... If you like the features of the d5000, I'd compare it very carefully with the D90.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Main difference between the D90 and the D5000 is the lack of a in-body motor meaning you have to buy the more expensive AF-S lenses for the D5000.

The commander mode for the flash is ALSO missing on the D5000 as is the top display LCD.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    This might help:

Nikon Comparison Chart

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The main distinction between the D90 and therefore the D5000 is that the lack of associate degree in-body motor that means you've got to shop for the dearer AF-S lenses for the D5000.

The commander mode for the flash is additionally missing on the D5000 as is that the high show alphanumeric display.

image masking service

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links