Diopter Adjustment and autofocus

This is a discussion on Diopter Adjustment and autofocus within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Was wanting to know if the diopter-adjustment determines the focusing(autofocus) of the photo being taken? Looking at every photo I've taken with the new Sony ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Thumbs up

Was wanting to know if the diopter-adjustment determines the focusing(autofocus) of the photo being taken? Looking at every photo I've taken with the new Sony a350 every pic has the focus area behind the subject...even though the green light was on indicating the subject was focused. This is very frustrating!

I've tried adjusting the diopter with my glasses on, but I can't get the correct setting(glasses don't permit me to get closer enough to see inside the eyepiece)..... Any suggestions?

Scott (I can't focus close up) B
    Sony a350
    Sony kit lense 18-70
    Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX
    Sigma 70-300mm APO
    Sigma 2x teleconverter/10x adapters/Kenko extention tube kit

Canon XS10IS PowerShot {PNS camera}

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition {hanging under a DJI F450 FlameWheel quadcopter}

Photographer of sorts
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Diopter adjustment has no effect on autofocus. The diopter just adjusts the eyepiece, AF is done completely differently.

If your camera is consistently back-focusing it indicates an adjustment error with either the camera or the lens. If you have more than one lens and it happens with both then it is the camera. If it just happens with only one lens then it is the lens at fault. The manufacturer's service centre can recalibrate the lens / camera to resolve the fault but if it is a new camera / lens then I'd ship the whole thing back to your vendor and get a replacement.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Just saw where Glen posted - my response was just redundant so I'm deleting mine
    John B

PHOTO EDITING OK
    That isn't what I was hoping to hear, but such is life.

What self test could I perform to determine if all the lenses I have are doing this?
    (Don't think testing a 70-300mm could possibly match up with a 50mm fixed)

Scott (if it wasn't for bad news-I'd get nothing at all) B
    Sony a350
    Sony kit lense 18-70
    Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX
    Sigma 70-300mm APO
    Sigma 2x teleconverter/10x adapters/Kenko extention tube kit

Canon XS10IS PowerShot {PNS camera}

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition {hanging under a DJI F450 FlameWheel quadcopter}

Photographer of sorts
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Shoot something at the same aperture with your 50mm, kit lens @ 50mm and 70-300mm @ 70mm. If they're all back focusing it's your camera. If just one lens is back focusing... it's that lens. Pick the largest common aperture (small f/number).

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links