DIY Camera Shoulder Stock

This is a discussion on DIY Camera Shoulder Stock within the Digital Cameras, Lenses & Accessories forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I was googleing some different camera stuff (wish listing for income tax returns...lol) and started looking up gun stock mounts. I found this do it ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I was googleing some different camera stuff (wish listing for income tax returns...lol) and started looking up gun stock mounts. I found this do it yourself page making one out of pvc pipe for video cams. Made for $6.99.

Thought someone might want to see this and adapt it to their camera. Maybe tape on a remote trigger on it to shoot like a rifle. Nature Photowalks?

http://www.quantumpetshop.com/tutorials/cambrace.asp
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    See that's what I'm talking about.. Why spend $200-300 on a fancy shmancy rig when you can make one out of PVC and be done with it for pennies on the dollar..

Someday I'll make something similiar for Sportshooting. With a rotating carousel of some sort. One side for the 400mm and then the other for the 70-200mm.

Thanks for the link..
    pssssst... Did you bring the batteries???

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Cool..thanks for the link!
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I got enough parts in a bucket out back I think i will try it this weekend.

Thanks

PHOTO EDITING OK
    No Problem. I like doing things myself...like Home Studio out of sheets and shop lights. This is just one more thing to try after I get a good DSLR. My S5700 does not have a remote trigger function.

If you make one...post it up here and lets see how it looks...maybe let us know how it feels to shoot with it too.
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Just remember, if you buy the mount screw...the bolt threads are 1/4-20 , the website didn't mention the thread size of the bolt.

Hate to see someone try a 1/4-28 by mistake.

Also be careful of the PVC cement, keep it far away from the camera equipment!
    Rob
    Nikon D300 & D70 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon 18-70mm | Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300mm VR
    Olympus EVOLT E-500 | Zuiko 14-45mm | Zuiko 40-150mm | OM - 4/3 adapter | Assorted OM lenses
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links