My Darkroom

This is a discussion on My Darkroom within the Darkroom forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; Here is a little tour of the darkroom my father in law and i built in our garage. It is 7' X 8' and 7' ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Darkroom

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Here is a little tour of the darkroom my father in law and i built in our garage. It is 7' X 8' and 7' tall. It was a very simple process and is movable and capable of being taken apart and moved anywhere. For a water supply we use a hose from the outside hooked up to a utility sink and a drain tube off of that to drain the water. It makes processing so much easier. We have two Besler 67c enlargers with all the ablilty to do huge prints. I am mostly a pinhole photographer so I use it to develop mostly but occasionally use the enlargers. If anyone has any questions about it or would like to give me some inside tips that you may have that we didn't think of I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Shawn

Darkroom Pictures

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    very cool Shawn...looks perfect!
    Heather

My Blog

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thank you. Yea it is better than the tiny bathroom we were using before.

Paint the sky with desire
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That is a cool set-up. I would have loved that when I was using film cameras in College (many, many years ago).

Then again, if I had that set-up now I'd probably use film as well as digital.
    Colblue's Blog[/url]

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I would have loved that when I was using film cameras in College (many, many years ago).
    Now Col, don't go making it sound like college was soooo long ago...you and I are a month apart age-wise and I feel like college was only a couple years ago...although in 2008 it will be 10 years since graduation for me....
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very cool!! The sink is a really clever set-up (well, I think so anyway ^^). I'm thinking of setting up a darkroom, a very basic one though, so I was wondering how much it cost you to set all this up?
    Also, did you need to put any extra support on the shelf which the enlargers sat on? Sorry if I'm asking a bit too much ^^" Thanks

PHOTO EDITING OK
    all of the building materials was about $300 for wood and matierals to build the actual structure and for the things like the sink and exhaust fan and such. All of the enlargers and photo equipment was obviously more. Yes the bench with the enlargers on it is connected with 2 x 4's from wall to wall. and covered in 1/2 inch plywood. It wasnt too hard to build just took starting it to figure out what needed to be where. Making it totally portable was the key. If you have any other questions just ask. Thanks.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That's great, thanks for the help

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thats pretty awesome! Im not so sure I would want a portable one as much as I would just like to have one in my house

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very cool Murpsm! Thanks for sharing!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links