Help! damp negatives

This is a discussion on Help! damp negatives within the Darkroom forums, part of the FILM PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM category; My negative album seems to have attracted damp and I can see the negatives sticking to the plastic. What should I do? It's 50+ rolls ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Angry

My negative album seems to have attracted damp and I can see the negatives sticking to the plastic.

What should I do? It's 50+ rolls of film!
    Currently playing with my EOS 1V & 5D MkII + various L-Series, Minolta MC/MD, M39 RFs, assorted 70-80's fixed lens RFs and occasional MF TLRs

heathersphotos.com
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Oh my gosh I wish I had the answer for you!! I have never worked with film!

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/w...um/banner7.jpg
    "You don't take a photograph. You ask, quietly, to borrow it." ~Author Unknown
    Vintage SLR's

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks for the kind thought!

Right now I'm scanning a few remainders and then I'm going to put them all in a sealed bag with a tub of silica gel.
    Currently playing with my EOS 1V & 5D MkII + various L-Series, Minolta MC/MD, M39 RFs, assorted 70-80's fixed lens RFs and occasional MF TLRs

you can put them in velvet cloth and inside a wooden box, where no air passes in.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Oh dear...

My husband suggests not trying to remove the negs from the folders in case you damage the emulsion.He also suggests contacting Ilford or the manufacturer and asking them for more specific advice.

Good luck.
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiasmum View Post
    Oh dear...

My husband suggests [b]not trying to remove the negs from the folders in case you damage the emulsion.He also suggests contacting Ilford or the manufacturer and asking them for more specific advice.

Good luck.
    I definitely agree.

Years ago was told I could get stuck transparencies out of their sleeves by soaking them in distilled water with four times the normal amount of PhotoFlo until they loosen but I didn't try it. If you have any negs you don't want, it might be interesting to try. The transparencies' sleeves might be different plastic than your sleeves and the film bases might be different.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links