Photo Contest #49 Results

This is a discussion on Photo Contest #49 Results within the Current Photo Contest forums, part of the PHOTO CONTEST category; Originally Posted by clupica In looking back at past contest winners, the top 3 people were very seldom regulars and quite often posted enough posts ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Photo Contest #49 Results

Equipment
    Canon XTi Rebel and my imagination
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by clupica View Post
    In looking back at past contest winners, the top 3 people were very seldom regulars and quite often posted enough posts to enter, win, and move on. There were a few winners like me and Dazzaone, and SonyNut that have been here for a long time but we we're the exception. The idea behind a contest is to help build the community and promote the products of the sponsor. A win-win for the owner of the board, but, when people cruise the net looking for contest, enter just to enter a contest, and then move on, no one's (commercial) interest is well served. MOD, the former owner was a real person whereas the board is now owned by a company that manages about a dozen forums. (IMHO) MOD kept the contest going more out of loyalty than out of any practical return so my guess is that the contests may not return.

and hey, where my badges?
    I agree, although I miss them, it did seem like one does not stand a chance unless you have a few thousand dollars in equipment. I have always thought that the 'idea' or imagination of a photo was more interesting than if it was technically perfect. (maybe because my pictures usually suck).
    So even though I miss the voting etc.... I don't really see the point anymore.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

---------------------
    Greg

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    nice, i like it

not even the courtesy of a reply

Totally understand the dynamics of the Photo Contest have changed and that it may not make sense for the new owner to continue the contest.

I think a very telling tidbit however is that, with SO MANY people here asking about the contest, the "new owner" has not provided even the courtesy of a reply.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This forum has gone down hill, if you ask me honestly. No more contests, when someone posts photos, they seldom get a response unless its a well known member, Its why people dont come back I think.. Its the reason I dont want to stay. Just my 2 cents.
    Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by richphotos View Post
    This forum has gone down hill, if you ask me honestly. No more contests, when someone posts photos, they seldom get a response unless its a well known member, Its why people dont come back I think.. Its the reason I dont want to stay. Just my 2 cents.
    I joined the forum only a few days before the "change" everybody talks about, but your comment absolutely rings true. I lurked a bit before I joined and it did look funner "from the outside". =/
    "Eres el desastre mas bello que ojos humanos han visto."

Equipment
    Canon XTi Rebel and my imagination
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by kbColorado View Post
    Totally understand the dynamics of the Photo Contest have changed and that it may not make sense for the new owner to continue the contest.

I think a very telling tidbit however is that, with SO MANY people here asking about the contest, the "new owner" has not provided even the courtesy of a reply.
    Well noted kb, I was wondering the same thing.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

---------------------
    Greg

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    What do you win?
    Gear:
    Canon 20D, 50 random filters, 18-55mm 1:3.5 5.6 IS lens.

www.gerritsmithphotography.weebly.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I just joined the forum- looks like there are no more contests, correct?

hasn't been lately ;-(
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Great pictures. They deserve the win.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links