Photo Contest #49 Results

This is a discussion on Photo Contest #49 Results within the Current Photo Contest forums, part of the PHOTO CONTEST category; Originally Posted by The Italian One Does anybody know why we are not having contests anymore? I ditto this. I miss them...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Photo Contest #49 Results

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by The Italian One View Post
    Does anybody know why we are not having contests anymore?
    I ditto this. I miss them
    The photographer formally known as "soul_blazer"

Minolta x-700
    Canon T1i
    Canon 70-300mm

Honest and open critique/criticism is always apreciated

Equipment
    Pentax K100D Super / K-5/Optio 80/cell phone, Tamron 90mm macro, 17-50 f/2.8, Pentax 50 f/1.4 , a few zooms, studio strobes, tripod, ND filters...
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Braden M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Italian One View Post
    Does anybody know why we are not having contests anymore?
    I ditto this. I miss them
    After reading this, even I miss them; and I never even experienced them. :qcough:

Just curious as to why you miss contests so much. What is it about a contest you miss?

Personally, I do not miss contests, nor do I miss missing them, as I did once.
    I only went out for a walk and finally decided to stay out till sundown; for going out, I found, was really going in. - John Muir

Banned
    I also want to participate in this contest. I have wide collection of photos. To view them click www.photouchs.com

Regrds,
    Jeff

PHOTO EDITING OK
    some greatest clicks I have ever seen... congrats to LKPRO, Karimm33. wish to see more more from you guys..

Congratulations to the winners....
    Nice Photos.........

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I must say all the photographs have been taken so beautifully. They really deserve the best!! I would like to congratulate all the winners from my bottom of heart. They did tremendously well. I just want to know from winners did they use any kind of photography software for any effects?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    andertonj... sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one, in the comps we were given guidlines on how much we could edit pics, it came down to basic lightening, contrast and colour balance sharpening etc. so yes a certain amount of softwear manipulation was allowed but anything added was not allowed ie: graduation and manipulation to the extent where the image was changed was not allowed, straight from the camera was allways encouraged but in this day of digital photography is near impossible, hope that answers your question!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    And on saying that, where's my image gone and why do I not have my badges anymore... me think it's time to move away!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    In looking back at past contest winners, the top 3 people were very seldom regulars and quite often posted enough posts to enter, win, and move on. There were a few winners like me and Dazzaone, and SonyNut that have been here for a long time but we we're the exception. The idea behind a contest is to help build the community and promote the products of the sponsor. A win-win for the owner of the board, but, when people cruise the net looking for contest, enter just to enter a contest, and then move on, no one's (commercial) interest is well served. MOD, the former owner was a real person whereas the board is now owned by a company that manages about a dozen forums. (IMHO) MOD kept the contest going more out of loyalty than out of any practical return so my guess is that the contests may not return.

and hey, where my badges?
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The contests were great, I miss them
    Nikon d7000- d5000 18-135mm - 55-200mm - 35mm f1.8 - tamron 11-18mm - 18-55mm kit lens turned into macro - sb600 - sb800 speed lights

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links