This is not a PHOTOGRAPH

This is a discussion on This is not a PHOTOGRAPH within the The Creative Side forums, part of the Casual Chat category; I would love it if you could post a tutorial up? You have really inspired me from this work, I have done quite a few ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I would love it if you could post a tutorial up? You have really inspired me from this work, I have done quite a few models, mainly characters and random things that i have sketched.
    The main problem that i have with it really, is the different views, i get all confused of what view is what and just cant wrap my head around it to position all the vertices's in the right places.
    Yeah, get back to me if you can put a tutorial up, I would love for the help Keep up the great work
    Its better to cross the line & suffer the consequences than to just stare at that line for the rest of your life..

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I create the cube in the perspective view..

I only work in the front view and the left view and very seldom in the top view.

I rarely ever work in the perspecive view.. front and side

those are the two views that are most important !

I will dig out my tutorial and post the 58 images here that will show you step by step, the mothod I have been using. I make the exact same movments and the same actions everytime. yet every face is different.!

The character above is all rigged with bones and controllers

I seldom use biped but I have done some nice animatinos with it.

I will post links for downloads of some animations i have done and some that other people have done that will inspire you for sure.

for now.. my domain/Hunting.zip
    BLOG

30 Years of PHOTOS

New Arctic Forum

Practice.. .. .. .. .. .. makes .. .. .. .. .. .. Better !

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    this is interesting! so basically, you take a picture and you post-process it into 3D? or you just did all this from scratch? that's amazing!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    First, one has to model the specific item, such as a cylinder, then put a map of a coke can on the cylinder ! It will not look real, until you add the lighting. Or, make a rectangle and then add the checkerd map (image) to create a chess board.

Modeling in 3D is relatively easy to do, the hard part is making the 'textures' believeable using at least 3 lights.
    3D can teach you a lot about photography (composition & lighting)

Blender 3D is a free program, tons of tutorials exist on You Tube and other places to teach this program.

I am partial to 3D Studio Max (Autodesk).

http://majikimaje.com/Hunting.zip

http://majikimaje.com/Model-Eskimo

http://majikimaje.com/Max-Head

http://majikimaje.com/Max-101

http://majikimaje.com/Maya-Head-Tutorial

I hope some of this has helped !! If not.. just PM me, I would be more than happy to help you get started, this is just the most fascinating world to express your creativity !!

BLOG

30 Years of PHOTOS

New Arctic Forum

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Learn to create, you WILL have so much fun exploring your imagination !
    BLOG

30 Years of PHOTOS

New Arctic Forum

PHOTO EDITING OK
    extremely good collection, its the level of movies well better than some of the movies that are out now.

and i'll defiantly check out the tutorial, i used bryce once, and it was super easy, ( for super basic stuff though)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    this is interesting! so basically, you take a picture and you post-process it into 3D? or you just did all this from scratch? that's amazing!

Well to explain it easily is simple. Simple shapes are used to make everything in real life, in the world of 3D you create a shape, modifiy it and add color or texture or photograph to that shape !

THIS IS NOT A PHOTOGRAPH !!
    BLOG

30 Years of PHOTOS

New Arctic Forum

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D4ME2 View Post
    Well Photography is fasciniating for sure.

Photography is all about "light" and what can you do.. .. with your imagination.. .. and that light !

Photography and the creation process is unlimited. but we can only take photographs of things we can see (for the most part)

But in 3D, not only do you have cameras and all lenses. but you can now create a photograph of something you can't see,, i.e. YOUR IMAGINATION.. and create photo-realistic renderings, animations and such!
    That's super impressive! Any tips for someone interested in a program like this but not so much experience?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links