The hand is quicker than.....

This is a discussion on The hand is quicker than..... within the The Creative Side forums, part of the Casual Chat category; What else am I good at besides photography ? Which is questionable at this time. I was a professional magician/illusionist for about 32 + years. ...

What else am I good at besides photography ? Which is questionable at this time. I was a professional magician/illusionist for about 32 + years. I also taught magic - public speaking - confidence - etc for about 20 years at libraries, parks and recreation, college campuses, etc. I also became involved in making movies here and there like Hoffa, Gran Torino, some movie with George Clooney and a kids western thrown in for good measure. Now I'm trying to make believe I am a photographer. The one bridge I am stuck on is that I go out and about, take the pictures, try to remember the proper settings and then I do __________________ with the pictures. I don't want to compete with the thousands who are selling on the various websites but I guess having one printed here and there along the road is kind of okay. But each new day is always a learning experience and I find that I learned something today that I didn't know yesterday but tomorrow is yet to come. Best to all of you.....

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I think a lot of us probably don't do anything with our photographs,other than have a quick look at them,may be pick a few decent ones,post a few on a forum and then move on.I don't think it matters though unless you have to earn a living from them...
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

United Kingdom ? It seems that I talk with a lot of people from the UK. I even subscribe to PhotoPlus which is from the UK. Someday, if I could, I would really love to come to the UK and spend a day or two shooting some of the more attractive and photographic sights I constantly see in the mags and on the internet. Must be some kind of country !

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Many members here from the UK, with Karin being one of the more active. Their photo mags put ours to shame.

BTW, I've been taking photography fairly seriously for a couple of years now... and I've printed maybe a dozen of my shots. And most of those were of my grandson! Actually, I've made an annual tradition of creating a photobook with photos of Daniel taken during that year. Makes a great Christmas present for moms and dads and grandparents. But I'll bet I've got 20,000 images that will never make it off the hard drive.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    United Kingdom ? It seems that I talk with a lot of people from the UK. I even subscribe to PhotoPlus which is from the UK. Someday, if I could, I would really love to come to the UK and spend a day or two shooting some of the more attractive and photographic sights I constantly see in the mags and on the internet. Must be some kind of country !
    We have some beautiful places,its just a case of knowing where to look

Geographically we have all sorts of landscapes,from the flat fens of East Anglia,wild and wonderful Dartmoor in the south west corner through to the rolling hiils and dales of George's Yorkshire.Add in the Scottish highlands and Mid-Wales and you could spend the rest of your life here exploring it all...

Dane,that's an excellent idea with the photobooks!
    Karin

Taking photos that please me, but if you like them too then it's a bonus!

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Photo books are great! I bet those parents love those books, Grandpa! I take family pics throughout the year and pick my favorites for my photo book, place in my photo book as I go and then every January I just order the completed book.

I bet your family would love to see all your photos Grandpa. Maybe you should make a yearly photo book of all your photos throughout the year, place in a photo book and use as a coffee table book. After all, the pictures tell a great a story, as does it tell alot about the person taking the shots. What a great heirloom to be passed down!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links