Any other horseback riders out there? (:

This is a discussion on Any other horseback riders out there? (: within the The Creative Side forums, part of the Casual Chat category; My main passion in life is horses. Hence why all my pictures are of them. haha. ;D I really haven't been riding as long as ...

My main passion in life is horses. Hence why all my pictures are of them. haha. ;D

I really haven't been riding as long as I'd like to because of money but now I ride pretty much everyday if things go my way. I started riding when I was 8 at this old westerny barn that had Appaloosa horses. I rode like once a week there for about a year until we didn't have the money. My grandparent's bought a 6 month old colt (Sarge) for me on my... 11th (I think...) birthday. When he turned 3 we sent him off to training which was how I started riding again. I rode at the barn he was trained at for a while until I found my new barn. I leased a horse named Bubba there. We moved my horse, Sarge, there not long after. Later I started leasing a Paint named Jolly which I am still leasing currently. Sarge is now 5 and starting to show a little and learn the ropes. My barn does eventing and although I've only been to 2 shows so far I'm in love with it.

As for my horses. This is Sarge. He's a 5 year old Quarter Horse cross. My trainer thinks he has Morgan in him but we're not sure. He's a total dork and he's always getting into something. He thinks he's a stud and is always oggling the mares. hah. I love him to death. (:

Sarge and I a few weeks ago. Before we started working on collection with him...
    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg82/Ru...ay%202008/9.jpg

Us chilling after our ride.
    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg82/Ru...y%202008/14.jpg

And then there is Jolly. He's a 14 year old Paint/TB cross. He's a pretty seasoned eventer and he's taught me tons. He has very pretty blue eyes which he likes to give me weird looks with. He thinks he's too dignified for the world. hah. He's a ton of fun to ride.

Jolly and I a few weeks ago.
    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg82/Ru...y%202008/35.jpg

Jolly and I at my first event during cross country.

Me and both of them after a ride. =3
    http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg82/Ru...y%202008/39.jpg

So those are the 2 men in my life. haha. =3

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hey Emily. Cute horses =)

I have a 9 year old tb gelding, Simon. We used to show a bit in dressage and jumper, however we havn't had training lately, so no more showing for him. I am building a new house on 8 acres, so once it is finished I am going to bring my horses home and get a show horse (hopefully fresian). I also have 2 miniatures that are half brothers. One is a stud and I hope to breed him to a hugeee mare one day and see what I get lol!

Man, I hope one day I can live on my own farm like that. (:

I looked on your photography website in the gallery. Is the sorrel horse Simon? I love TBs.

You two look great!!

I have three horses
    Dee Jay my first horse
    Templemore an old school master that I could never bear to part with
    and Xena a 4yo QH X that I'm training. I'll share photos of them when I work out how to

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I breed fell ponies in England
    Lesley

Beginner
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    We Have a Black and White Homozygous Stud and my web site has not been updated since I got my new camera ; ( So all point and shoot pictures on it.
    http://www.kconline.com/kingskennel

I had a horse accident in 2001 off a young paint mare and I was rushed to one hospital then transferred to another where I had a blown out knee and a broken leg I was on a walker for 6 months and I have taken spills before but this was the worse I did get back in the saddle but it was hard and I am still having fear issues so for the most part I stay on the ground : )

At 46 I don't mend like I use to.

Debbie

Obey The GSP!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I don't currently own any horses, but they are my favorite animal. In lieu of the real thing I collect and show model horses like Breyers. I have over 500 of them. I used to own a grade mare named Star. She was sorrel and my mom said she had ASB in her.

My favorite breeds are Spanish breeds. I love Andalusians, Lusitanos and Paso Finos. I got to ride a Paso back in 1995. It was way cool! My dream horse is a buckskin Lusitano.
    http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z...ak/mothsig.jpg
    My camera is a Canon Rebel XT DSLR with Canon 18-55mm and Sigma 70-300mm telephoto macro lenses.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    lol wow i didnt answer for like over half a year.
    no the chestnut isnt simon. i dont have pics of him on my website.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    My sister is a horse nut! She's got 7.

2 Friesians, Mav and Molly
    1 Anglo Arab, Oscar
    2 Showjumpers, Cruz and Aura
    2 Thoroughbreds, Dream and Sheena

I tried to ride Aura once but it ended in a complete disaster!

Mike

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Too many...

14 mules
    8 jennets
    4 mares
    1 gelding donkey
    2 jack donkeys

I ride my mules in both endurance and in bushwhacking trail riding!

*I believe in God, only I spell it Nature. ~Frank Lloyd Wright, quoted, 14 August 1966*

Assorted cameras.
    P&S
    Nikon D40
    Olympus E-420

My Flickr

Mulewings~My Blog
    Val

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links