Children's Posing

This is a discussion on Children's Posing within the Composition forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Hello! New to the forum. I have a session coming up and need some posing suggestions. It is for three cousins and they are all ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Children's Posing

Hello! New to the forum. I have a session coming up and need some posing suggestions. It is for three cousins and they are all under 2 years old. One is 18mo, one is 3mo, and the youngest will be 1mo that day. I'm trying to figure out how to place them and it not look odd. Any suggestions or examples would be appreciated, thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Equipment
    Canon
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Have you googled it? I can not post links her cuz I don't know what your interest. Search on google there are good ideas

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by shedi View Post
    Have you googled it? I can not post links her cuz I don't know what your interest. Search on google there are good ideas
    I have looked on Google and Pinterest, but maybe I'm not using the correct search terms. I can find plenty of ideas for 3 children or for triplet newborns, but not two babies and one toddler.

Posing depends a lot on size of the individuals, how you are composing the shot. There are really so many different variables. I would suggest going online and buying either a posing guide book or some tutorials online on posing. Oh and kids are hard regardless. They take more experience than subjects that actually take direction. Good luck

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Quote Originally Posted by William Arthur Photography View Post
    Posing depends a lot on size of the individuals, how you are composing the shot. There are really so many different variables. I would suggest going online and buying either a posing guide book or some tutorials online on posing. Oh and kids are hard regardless. They take more experience than subjects that actually take direction. Good luck
    Yes, it's certsinly going to be a challenge! I actually used to work at a children's portrait studio and somehow this specific combo just never presented itself! I was able to find a few options online. Essentially it will just come down to isolating the babies using props like baskets/posing bean bag and working the toddler around them.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links