Watermarking Photos?

This is a discussion on Watermarking Photos? within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Should I put my name or something on my photos? I don't have a business or anything like that, images are just for me and ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Should I put my name or something on my photos? I don't have a business or anything like that, images are just for me and my family. I would be saving all the originals plus the named ones.
    Kodak EasyShare CX7530

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    It's really personal preference. I used to do it but the images I post aren't my high quality larger versions so....

even it i added it people who want to steal them will find a way to do it anyway.

On my website they aren't watermarked but they are protected and i don't allow the full version on there as well.
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hey Jen.I am making a website and wanted to know how you protect the pics from being taken.I would like to have the link out there but don't want people to be able to steal the pics.
    Thanks
    Sharon
    [color=#993399]
    My website- www.freewebs.com/sharonelaine2000

CC always welcome,learning what to do better is my goal

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Hey Jen.I am making a website and wanted to know how you protect the pics from being taken.I would like to have the link out there but don't want people to be able to steal the pics.
    Thanks
    Sharon
    SharonElaine,
    The website builter company I used to create my website has it's own protection and/or watermarking features built right in.
    It has right click protection, and you have the option not to show the photos in the "original" sizes.
    Take a look www.smugmug.com.
    If you decide to go with this for your website let me know and I can give you the coupon code.
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thanks Jen.Still looking into it.Not sure I am ready to pay for a site yet as this is just a hobby
    [color=#993399]
    My website- www.freewebs.com/sharonelaine2000

CC always welcome,learning what to do better is my goal

PHOTO EDITING OK
    The only place I post my photos, other than here, is on my MySpace...I use big giant watermarks across them but that's just me being paranoid! Lol.
    And if you're not ready to actually pay for a website for your photography yet Sharon, you could do like I did and just make a MySpace for it. You don't have to pay and then there's God only knows how many people that can look at them and give you thier opinion. And then there's websites like FreeWebs too that let you make a website under like, seven or so pages for free! ^_^
    --

How do you stop from stealing? I mean if they really want it they will be able to rip your site. Plus watermarking, it ruins the photo itself. As in Jen's note, just don't upload your work in it's original quality.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    That is a good question. I would really like to know how to do it. But for now, on some of them I just put the copyright symbol, year and name on.

Canon PowerShot A560

I use Batch Watermarker to apply watermarks to all my photos before uploading them. It can watermark all photos in a folder with just a click of the mouse.

there are kinds of watermarks... visible and not visible. I put both on my pictures, just to be safe.

I have a couple ideas for you, unfortionatly I'm packing to head out of town so I can't provide lots o' details right now.

1) Batch Watermark Creator...http://www.easy-tools.net/batch-watermark/index.html
    Provides the ability to create and apply templates containing images, text, borders, etc.. in a batch mode. I'm currenty using this tool and it can apply wraps to 30 images in about 6 seconds... so yes it's fast. Here's an example of what I'm currently doing.

2) Timothy Armes has created a Lightroom Plugin called Mogrify, this uses ImageMagick. I've just started to do some testing with this process, but it provides the ability to complete the action with an export. I don't yet know how quick this is.

Good luck, gays.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links