Capitalism in my photos

This is a discussion on Capitalism in my photos within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; It makes me feel sad that I am selling my photos. It used to be my passion. I really enjoy taking photos. But now, I ...

PHOTO EDITING OK

Capitalism in my photos

It makes me feel sad that I am selling my photos. It used to be my passion. I really enjoy taking photos. But now, I have to sell them which definitely kills the enjoyment for me. How can I move past this? do you guys have any advice?

Who's in control of your life? You want to sell your pics sell them. You dont want to then dont. You arent really waiting to get advice from total strangers on how you should live your life?

Equipment
    D300,D800,various Nikon & Sigma lenses
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I don't know your exact circumstance but you said you HAVE to sell them which sounds like you NEED some more income. If that is the case you do what you need to do. I feel the same way but I did sell photos in the past. The way I dealt with it is I separated the photos in my head, these are the photos I take for selling, and these are the photos I take for my own enjoyment. Now that I'm getting ready to retire I got the same debate with myself again. Hope everything works out.

I dont see the problem. Its not like photos are one of a kind. Now if Rembrandt had to sell of his paintings I can see him being upset. But you are selling a copy from a file.

I'm with Bynx. If you sell a photo use the profits and reprint it. Then sell that one. Then reprint it. Then sell that one. You get the process.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links