Spam

This is a discussion on Spam within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; I have five spam posts in my thread, and that's just the one thread. Spam is starting to appear in many places and nothing is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Spam

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Spam

I have five spam posts in my thread, and that's just the one thread. Spam is starting to appear in many places and nothing is being done about it. This forum is being ruined by spammers. I am so fed up with this that unless somebody starts to clean it up, I'm done with it. There are plenty of other forums where spam is dealt with, promptly, and I'll be leaving this one if the spammers are not blocked and their garbage removed.

What makes it worse, here, is that I have to wait one minute between reporting each spam. Why? I can understand waiting a minute between posting messages in the forums, but why is this necessary when reporting spam? I received an e-mail, this morning, of a response to one of my posts, and it turned out to be more spam. I hate wasting time by going to the thread only to read the spam. I know that cannot be prevented, but it can be cleaned up when reported, but as I said, I have to wait one minute between reporting each spam.

I used to enjoy this place but it's rapidly becoming a place mainly for spammers, and photographers are the intruders. The problem can be corrected but we need somebody to do it, and I would be willing, if granted moderator status, to do whatever is necessary to keep this place clean.
    bert likes this.

bert
    I wrote to the "Admin", politely complaining about all the spam. Got no reply.

This forum seems to be dying.

Maybe we should start our own

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I would find time to deal with the trash that's being dumped on the forum. We can't prevent spammers but we can soon block them. I know they create lots of accounts but I would keep up with them and block every one of them and remove their trash. One person... five accounts... and all on my one thread, all selling the same thing. I don't understand why the moderators seem to have given up. It doesn't matter which forum website is involved, they are all going to have spammers. And unless those spammers have lots of computers they won't be able to keep creating new accounts and posting spam. Their IP address can be blocked so that it wouldn't matter how many accounts they have.

bert
    It seems to me that this forum is simply a cash-cow...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    This forum is done and had it's day, absolutely shocking is all I can say and as far as I can see there is no more moderators and as for the Admin... that is just a joke! From now on I will be found only on Press The Shutter or to those who know me can catch my facebook account http://www.facebook.com/darren.oneill.50 but all people will be vetted and if I don't know you please don't be offended if your friend request is turned down.
    Goodbye, I have had some great times on here but lately it has left a sour taste in my mind and I would wish the forum every success but I now think it is not worth it!
    bert likes this.

bert
    LOL !!

Dazza, I just wrote to you about this !

Crikey !

Synchronicity a-go-go

Yup. You right.

I am going to head back to Press The Shutter

However, beofre I go, I don't wish this forum every success.

I hope fervently that the owner(s) fall foul of some tax law and end up in jail
    Last edited by bert; 11-26-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Guys, we eliminate every piece of spam we find. If you use the 'report post' feature, we get to it asap. Obviously we were home for the holidays and there was a delay in getting to the spam because of that... but if you report it, we get to it. In addition, we've installed some anti-spam utilities to help prevent it. I cleaned up your thread earlier today John.
    Admin

bert
    Pff...

Now you say something because it is readily apparent that the people who

post reasonably, want to leave your precious little cash-cow.

And whois Admin ?

Whois MOD ?

People with no names ?

Pff...

Too little, too late.

I note that whilst you are finally trying to quell dissent, I still haven't had a reply to my complaints.
    Last edited by bert; 11-26-2012 at 07:38 PM.

bert
    Furthermore : I require that you cancel my account forthwith.

If this is not done within 10 working days then I shall take legal action, because you are not going to use me

as a statistic to fatten your advertising income !!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links