Details Details !!!

This is a discussion on Details Details !!! within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Hello Guys I just want to request all who post pictures to include some details about their camera and the settings used, if possible. This ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Hello Guys

I just want to request all who post pictures to include some details about their camera and the settings used, if possible. This will help everyone to understand how different cameras and techniques are used and how they perform, especially a learner like me here would much appreciate this.

Thank you all
    Sarvesh

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Though people usually don't post it, you can get browser plug-ins that reveal the EXIF data (if it's embedded). While a lot of edited photos end up stripping out the EXIF, I find that probably a little over half of them do have the data still intact.

Tim Campbell

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Sarvesh there is a free EXIF reader HERE - but I do agree with you especially on night shots and anywhere long exposures are used it can be useful infomation, plus any lighting setups that are effective, especially using one flash off camera as we don't all have studios and loads of lighting kit.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I agree with you. I leave exif data intact, but there is a lot of peopple that erase it... maybe they want to keep theyr secrets
    I leave xmp data too so you can see some PP data.
    In firefox there is an extension (Fxif)... with just one right click on the pic you can see exif data if they are present.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links