In A Rut

This is a discussion on In A Rut within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; The last few times I've gone out to shoot for personal I've come back, gone through my stuff and literally chukd the vast majority of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In A Rut

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    The last few times I've gone out to shoot for personal I've come back, gone through my stuff and literally chukd the vast majority of it. I just posted a pic in abstract which was one...1...out of 60 that I felt was OK..... i'm so bored with my surroundings I can't seem to find a vision around here.

what do you guys do to get out af a rut?

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    3 words: New York City

(specifically Manhattan)
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Dude ... I soooo feel your pain. Last weekend was the first time I've turned my camera on in over a month!!!

Keep shooting, though. Your tilts and other shots are too good for you to take a break.

You're not in a rut. You're just cruising through a yield section right now. Tomorrow's wedding will break that.

Jon, I feel your pain. I've been really depressed about my photos lately - total disappointments. Most of my shots are just snapshots of the kids anyway but now Joseph is starting to turn away and fuss at me for taking photos of him... I just figure if I keep shooting, something eventually will turn out ok.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    jon... i so know what you mean... i havent shot crap last 3 months... hopefully things will look up this weekend
    you got your shoot tomorrow... i'm sure you'll come out with winners...
    chin up ... you're good! so good mr. tiltmeister...
    remember, there's always light at the end of the tunnel
    and keep yer finger on the trigger

... gee i sound so much like my mom! dont tell her..shhh
    I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    I’m just out to find
    The better part of me...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    MOD: yes! so wanna go there...guess mebbe yer near there or what?

Anicole: thanks so much for that ....tryin to keep an open mind for tomorrow...at the moment the weather is not co-operating lessee how it goes

Calliope: thank you...keep at it...you've come out with some excellent shots; the one of your boy looking at the carousel comes to mind...great shot

Mansi: thanks so much...such nice words of encouragemnet ...really appreciated . guess while I'm out shooting the knot-tyin' you'll be shootin the worlds most well-known ode to love ! hope to see some of your agra stuff soon
    P.S. i don't think you sound like yer mom :P

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Originally posted by JonK@May 26 2006, 03:47 PM
    [b][b]MOD: yes! so wanna go there...guess mebbe yer near there or what?
    Yes, I am near there. Being 50 times better photographer than I am, you would have a field day there.
    Admin

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Been there too man. I have probably even thown away good pics, cause Im always angry at my work. Im probably my own worst enemy when it comes to my photos, cause I hate them.

I have had times, where i have almost put the camera away for good, thinking this is not my bag.

I usually just put on the Mp3 player, with some good tunes and just wander. Find a place alone, maybe the cemetery, or the trails.
    Eventually something comes around, and I can spend another few weeks shooting. I have to keep trying, but Im afraid that one day, Im just gonna pack it in, cause it will get too much.

Hang in there bro. Your stuff rocks, and you will come around.

JonMikal
    i feel your frustration Jon. i haven't produced anything at all in the past few months...most everything gets chunked. anything i post of late is archival. although i'm pulling from the archives i feel it's keeping me in the game, and it also gives me a chance to share images that some members here haven't seen.

i have been thinking quite a bit about my lack of vision and have an outing planned with a couple old friends (kelox and jocose) tomorrow in Annapolis. maybe i'll get inspired again. if not, i'll steal their stuff and post it here

no worries my friend, your incredible vision will kick back in before you know it

loving the dark
    you gotta be kidding me? have ya'll all stopped and looked at your stuff??

jonk.. your just awesome...some of your abstract stuff springs to mind first... i wish i had just an iota of your talent...

and chiller..... pah-leese... can i just pinch ya for a sec here? go back and look at your stuff....* huff* repeat after me.... bubble. or.. sunsets.. or graves....need i go on?

calliope... wtf? your able to take shots of your kids, your flowers your area, and it makes me just sit and stare....i cant believe how you capture candids and they look like portraits...

i know jm will chime in, and i think we need to change your name to
    jonmikal-angelo...... hello? how bout unknown soldier tomb shot..or escalators .... my mod amighty....washington monument...lincoln memorial.... ARLINGTON....

lets put it this way... the reason i am on chat and not the forum?? hello? i so suck at this.... just try taking shots like me and you will feel the over powering urge to pluck your eyes out. i dont have the natural ability that ya'll have....
    i mean, some of ya'll took shots of walls. walls for heavens sake...
    walls. or windows, or just a tree... or a flower...and you make it seem like art....its stuff i would frame gladly and put in my house.

i have shot some of Gods most beautiful places, and it looked like a paint by number at walmart....dont even go there....

get ya'lls camera straps in gere, and get your snapping arses out there..

if you were me for two hours, you would worship the ground you walk on...

( ok, made no sense...but you know what i mean...)

i love ya'll stuff..and i think on the whole, you need to step back, look at others stuff... * ok, my crap..* and then look back at your stuff..

you will see a huge difference....

mansi can take shots of a mule, for petes sake.. and we all just stare in awe at it...

nicole, you havent even shown me your best stuff...you just refuse to post it....but i have seen quite a bit, and you have an eye.. a flare...for the cool looking shots...

jonk.. all i can say, if your feeling down, ( or any of you...) and you think your out of creativity... let me pull out my photos...and you will go, dang, chicklette, stevie wonder takes better shots... helen keller weilds a wicked camera compared to me...
    heck, the body shots off of csi makes me fill with envy...

ya'll are some of the most talented people i have ever had the pleasure to know. and i wish you could see your stuff thru my eyes....or any of the hundreds of people who see your stuff on here.... ya'll are pure talent and beauty .... and you all bring nature, and art into our otherwise grey world....

your our eyes to beauty... and we need ya'll to see it like we do. and appreciate your gifts......jonk... pick that dang camera up and shoot someone...!!!
    you know, lately i have been feeling kinda creepy.....http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...mpincoffin.gif

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links