Personal Request

This is a discussion on Personal Request within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; terrible news dave...... I hope the families can find the strength to see it through..... and a prayer from me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    light/dark its all the same to me
    terrible news dave...... I hope the families can find the strength to see it through..... and a prayer from me.

Short Bus Monitor
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you all for your thoughts and concern. Our nephew was released from the hospital today and although really banged up and bruised he should recover physically pretty quickly. Emotionally - well, we will have to wait and see. I just imagine the grief and guilt will be with him for a long long time. My wife spent the morning arranging for legal counsel and psychological care - both of which are needed imediately. Then she went over and cleaned up their home a bit, did some laundry, and has put together a great dinner for them. We are going over there in a little while to eat and have a short visit.
    I hope no one minds my posting this here - this has really hit me hard and I needed someone to unload on and I consider all of you "family" and friends.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    Never Too Old To Learn

JonMikal
    no one minds Dave.

we are a family here at photoforum.com and are becoming closer by the day. i would encourage everyone to lean on each other here for support...i can attest that you won't find a more genuine/caring group of individuals anywhere!

Dave,

I'm so sorry about your nephew and his friends. He has a long road ahead of him but it's good that he has the support of his family. My heart goes out to him and his family and those that perished and theirs.

Renee.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    aww wishes and prayers right there with you... very sorry to hear... take care Dave
    I can’t stand to fly
    I’m not that naive
    I’m just out to find
    The better part of me...

when will it stop?
    Dave..Please know that everyone is concerned and is sending their love and support your way...

I will be praying for everyone involved.
    Please keep us posted.
    [font=Comic Sans Ms]So what if you don't like it....what are you gonna do...take away my birthday?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Dave ... I'm sure your family needed the visit ... please keep us posted.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Our thought are with you and all involved - it affects so many folk in the wider circle of the youngsters friends and families. As parents it was always our dread as our lot started to drive and how many of their friends in those first couple of years behind the wheel were injoured or killed.

Dave, just wanted to let you know we're still thinking about you, your family and the family of all those involved! Please continue to keep us posted!

Short Bus Monitor
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you all for your understanding and concern. Keith, my nephew, and his parents went to one of the girls' funeral and to visitation for the other girl last Thursday. It was a very tough emotional day for all of them - especially Keith. Evidently some people came up to Keith and told him he was not welcome at either place, but the parents of both girls came to him, said they had no ill feelings, and they all shared a good cry. I know they're still in shock and that will be soon replaced by anger. Especially when the legal and liability issues are addressed in the next few weeks.
    He (Keith) didn't really know the girls, just a case of everybody being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was a large group of kids camping for the weekend, some people wanted to go to the store in town for ice and drink and snacks, etc. Keith took someone's car and the other three passengers just jumped in. Fortunately no drink or drug involved in the wreck. I know that will make a difference in criminal charges but more importantly in how Keith resolves this within himself over the coming years. It's a heavy burden for a young man to carry forever.
    I just got back in town and called the family to check on everyone. Keith has gone to stay with a cousin in the country for a few days - kind of a retreat for him - a safe haven. I think his parents and I are going out tonight for a little while, have some coffee and listen to a little acoustical guitar work at a local coffeehouse.
    Thanks again,
    with love,
    Dave
    Never Too Old To Learn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links