online photography store why so cheap?

This is a discussion on online photography store why so cheap? within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; here at www.photoforum.com there is a link to an online photography store. I found lenses going for way cheap. For example Nikon 55-200 mm with ...

DavidM62
    here at www.photoforum.com there is a link to an online photography store. I found lenses going for way cheap. For example Nikon 55-200 mm with VT going for 130 something. Normally it goes for 270. What am I missing? is this stuff used and not new? or was the photographer who may have owned this equipment less than pleased/

deals sound almost too good.

davidm62

Proud Nikon Shooter
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM62 View Post
    deals sound almost too good.
    It probably is. When something is this far off, I pass
    Steve

Never complain, Never explain. Learn it, live it

Our blog
    Our website
    My gear list

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Looks like you see a used one at $165.00. The store is an affilliate of Amazon. The majority of the offers for the lens new were at $249.00.

Hope that helps.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links