Forum Or Gallery?

This is a discussion on Forum Or Gallery? within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; How do you guys decide where to post your shots? Since so many have seen most of my shots, sometimes I just post straight to ...

*Freakshow*
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    How do you guys decide where to post your shots? Since so many have seen most of my shots, sometimes I just post straight to the gallery.

The new 3 photo rule rocks! I know a couple times, someone would post a shot in the gallery, and before I could comment, it had already been moved off the page Even more than sharing, I like to enjoy everyone's work. But, not everyone posts in both the forum and the gallery?

A couple times people have said "hey, post that one shot, i wanna see it again". Love you guys that wanna see my work again Since it's old I post it in the gallery, but they don't look there and ask again later if I'll post it? Maybe post in the forum, then upload to the gallery a few days later? I'm just curious
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lost in a black hole...with no desire to be found

what is a 'woodsac'? http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/7.gif

JonMikal
    i post everything that most have seen and those i want to include in 'my gallery' in the gallery. anything new goes in the forum then the gallery if i want it to be part of 'my gallery'. the gallery can be used as a tool to showcase what you believe is some of your best work. if you want someone to see your gallery, just shoot them the link to your 'my gallery' page.

this is how i view the difference between the two. however, there may be others i haven't discovered yet.

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Originally posted by JonMikal@May 17 2006, 06:13 PM
    [b]i post everything that most have seen and those i want to include in 'my gallery' in the gallery. anything new goes in the forum then the gallery if i want it to be part of 'my gallery'. the gallery can be used as a tool to showcase what you believe is some of your best work. if you want someone to see your gallery, just shoot them the link to your 'my gallery' page.

this is how i view the difference between the two.
    That's exactly what I was preparing to say. Thank you JonMikal!

And Jake, thank you for the very relevant question!
    Admin

*Freakshow*
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Makes perfect since. I post a lot of what I would call entertaining shots in the forum, but I don't put those in the gallery. I've been putting more atistic photos there.
    Thanks for the info guys
    Lost in a black hole...with no desire to be found

what is a 'woodsac'? http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/7.gif

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Admin

Short Bus Monitor
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    JM and MOD answered pretty much what I would have said. I consider the Gallery to be a showcase for my "better" shots or ones which I've already put in the forums and based on comment and critique I choose to post in the gallery also.
    Never Too Old To Learn

loving the dark
    thinking i wont be posting on the gallery any....

i am fingerpainting around michelangelos....
    you know, lately i have been feeling kinda creepy.....http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c8...mpincoffin.gif

.... meh ....
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    What I plan to do is post the best few shots of my old work in the gallery (need to resize tho as most are 800px + frame). Then post new shots to the forum, hope to get C & C on them and then post to the gallery depending on the general consensus of opinion (to weed or reprocess etc).

And April, I've seen some fantastic shots from you. Don't put yourself down girl. Sometimes we can be over critical of our own work. I do it all the time! I'd like to see you posting to the gallery

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I think that the Forums are great to share and develop comments and be able to use a series of shots and keep the gallery as you say for a selection of our work to share on a longer term basis. If I see something come up on the random selection I often go to their gallery and enjoy a new selection of images. I find it interesting to see how much my images have changed and I hope improved after sharing and advice on forums and it shows as you go back through your own gallery.

Thank the folks who work to enable this to happen!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links