Career choices, just a few questions.

This is a discussion on Career choices, just a few questions. within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Okay, so I am a junior in highschool and narrowed down my options, them being pastry chef, photographer, or military. Personally from what I gathered ...

Chris
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Okay, so I am a junior in highschool and narrowed down my options, them being pastry chef, photographer, or military. Personally from what I gathered pastry chef wouldnt be bad, but not sure how much they make. Photographer would be fun and pretty interesting but sadly dosnt pay much at all. Military seems the way to go which is why I am dedicating this summer to narrowing down the options.

If I joined military, I eventually would have a goal to get enough experience so I could apply to a PMC firm, blackwater is my goal, but what would be the best route for this?

I was first thinking marines since there training would be very good, but being realistic I dont think I could get through it. My uncles are all saying Coast guard, and I was hopeing to get more info on that. Would places like blackwater even consider that as military experience?

What types of jobs do the coast guard offer? Is it a good option for experience/training/$/benefits?

Help is highly appreciate.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    http://forums.military.com/eve/forum...m/f/6801982206

There ya go. You would find more information there than here I think. Why not become a Military Photographer? I know Army has them so the other branches would too.

Your wanting Blackwater and you don't think you can make it through the Marines? Your gonna have to get into Combat Units. If you really want Blackwater... here is my best advice for you at this time. Running (work up to running 6 miles / 3 times a week). Pushups - google "100 pushups" and same thing for Situps. Pullups... start working those up. Do this outside no matter what the weather is like. Before you actually graduate HS.. you will be in good Military shape. As for Army... go see the recruiter and ask them about 11x (Infantry) with an 18X (Special Forces) or 40X (Rangers) option. Do not sign a contract unless its the job you want!

For now...get in shape and Graduate. The rest the Military will teach you. I do suggest really looking through the Jobs on Army.com to see if there is anything else that you might be interested in and You can use if you do not decide to make the Military a career.
    Equipment: Nikon D60 (18-55 & 55-200 Nikkor Vr Lenses) Yongnuo PT-04TM Triggers, a Quantaray 900WA, 2 Yongnuo YN 460 Mk II's, 2 Flash Stands, Umbrellas and a 16" Softbox.
    My Flickr
    MySpace

Chris
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate the info I will check it out.

Just you, me and a few Friends Hangin out, doin what we enjoy
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    could'nt you even get photography training in the military? That would some awesome photography work and when you got out you could be in line, I wonder, to do some of the things that our moderator Hub has done. Time life editor and more, that could be cool also if you really liked the photography stuff.

Just a thought friend, good luck.............................
    Canon 7D, Canon 50D, Canon Rebel XTi
    Canon 50mm f/1.8.....Sigma 28-90mm f/2.8.....Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6.....Sigma 80-200 f/2.8.....Canon 28-135mmf/3-4.5

Recording History.......

My Profesional Page.....
    http://www.hodgesphotography.biz

[color="#000000"]Visit me on Face Book......

[url="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Hodges-Photography-and-Design/200526194513?success=1&v=wall"]

Chris
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yeah I think they do train you but idk, seems like it would be a fun job but I would like to get info from actual people on here :P

Chris
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Sorry for double post, but if I was going to be a combat photographer, what would be benfits be, and average salary? What branch would be the best to get into for it?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Okay, what I'm about to say may sound a little preachy, for which I greatly apologize... but I think it needs to be said. Don't chose a career path because of the money. Do what makes you happy, if its photography... great. If it's pastry chef.. awesome. Military... then so be it.

I'm planning on working with the poorest of the poor in parts of the world that rarely see anything other than suffering. I know I won't make much money (and what I do make I'll probably end up giving away to those that are in need around me). Helping those in need gives me great joy and a sense of meaning. In the you'll die and it won't be the all of the money you have made that your thinking about. It'll be the memories of the things you did and enjoyed doing that will mean the most to you.
    Acid Recruit (Adam)
    [Nikon D60 | Nikon 18-55mm | Nikon 70-300mm]

Chris
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Yeah I know, If I was in a job for the money I wouldnt of made this thread :P Everything I mentioned is a job I would have fun doing, but I just want the most out of them since I would enjoy them all. Military and Combat photography seem to be the 2 most enjoyable though.

And I hope you have a great time, thats pretty inspiring that you are doing that. Great passion.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links