Over Manipulatd Crap

This is a discussion on Over Manipulatd Crap within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; it all comes down to taste, just like any art form. Is classical music art? Is rock n' roll art? Is rap art? I may ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    it all comes down to taste, just like any art form.

Is classical music art? Is rock n' roll art? Is rap art?

I may not agree with the answer, but that's my own opinion. And as we learned, opinions are like... belly buttons

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    it all comes down to taste, just like any art form.

Is classical music art? Is rock n' roll art? Is rap art?

I may not agree with the answer, but that's my own opinion. And as we learned, opinions are like... belly buttons
    "Images Of The Vanishing West"

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Kevin, I agree completely. I have a whole stack of trays, cehmicals, etc and hope that they stay in the attic. Photoshop ®, Lightroom®, Elements® are simply the modern replacement for an old fashioned darkroom. And your theater HDRs among a very small few that I actually like. Great job

But, I think, part of it is the fact that people say to themselves, I to really master this camera, CA, DOF, matrix metering, centert weighted... I have had my D80 for 8 months and I can't honestly say I've masterd the camera. Now you tell me I need to be an advanced user of computer technology including but not limited to Photoshop ®, Lightroom®, Elements®, PhotoMatrix®, Genuine Fractals®, Nikon Caputre NX®, Adobe ACR® ...

Oh, did I mention, I want to have a website, maybe do some eCommerce...

Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. I think I'll go ride my bike. Now where is that GPS, can't find my hear rate monitor, darn tires look soft... ARRGH.

Sometimes it's all too much and I just want to have fun.
    I currently spend a fair amount of time on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/103236949470535942612

my personal website (not very current I'm afraid): clupica and family
    my photogarphy : cwlupica - Photograher
    my photos on SmugMug. StudioLupica on SmugMug
    me on facebook: Charles Lupica
    My fan page on facebook: StudioLupica

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Kevin, I agree completely. I have a whole stack of trays, cehmicals, etc and hope that they stay in the attic. Photoshop ®, Lightroom®, Elements® are simply the modern replacement for an old fashioned darkroom. And your theater HDRs among a very small few that I actually like. Great job

[b]But, I think, part of it is the fact that people say to themselves, I to really master this camera, CA, DOF, matrix metering, centert weighted... I have had my D80 for 8 months and I can't honestly say I've masterd the camera. Now you tell me I need to be an advanced user of computer technology including but not limited to Photoshop ®, Lightroom®, Elements®, PhotoMatrix®, Genuine Fractals®, Nikon Caputre NX®, Adobe ACR® ...

Oh, did I mention, I want to have a website, maybe do some eCommerce...

Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. I think I'll go ride my bike. Now where is that GPS, can't find my hear rate monitor, darn tires look soft... ARRGH.

Sometimes it's all too much and I just want to have fun.
    Well... I have yet to master anything in photography Maybe that's why it's one of the few hobbies, and I've had many, that I'm still interested in.

I do agree with you... sometimes it is too much and we just want to have fun. Now where's my palm pilot? Oh wait I still use a notebook and a pencil and I'm an IT guy in real life :P

Thanks for the kind words about the photos, I appreciate it.

Interesting topic to read as a new photographer and Photoshop beginner.

Free speech, independent thinking and creativeness, ethics, morals, truth and others rights....how do you balance them out?

Anyways good topic.... I'm pro photoshop and now am more aware of the possiblity of harming somone with the tools we have.

After all "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words".

-CM

Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR ED-IF AF-S, Nikkor 50mm 1.8f D AF, SB-600, Lightroom 1.3, Adobe CS3, My Pics

SO BY THE OP'S THINKING, REMBRANT, LEONARDO,AND ALL THOSE GUYS SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE PAINT IN THE BUCKETS......
    say cheeseburger!!!

MICROSOFT DIGITAL IMAGE PRO 9

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I love the comments - and yes, I posted this originally to spark a debate (gee, do you think it worked?). Of course everyone is entitled to their opinions - we do live in America (ok, not everyone but they have freedoms too). .. and I'm not slamming any one style of photography or art for that matter. I think all the posts here and the people that visit this forum are excellent and I enjoy being part of the discussions.

What I was referencing was not necessarily based on anything I saw here (although there are a few guilty parties), but with digital photography in general. I'm not talking about art because god knows there's enough different styles and techniques out there to please just about everyone.

So let's separate art from photography for a moment and talk simply about taking a good photograph - not adjusting the crap out of it until it looks like something in a cartoon. Ok, many will reply that photography is an art, yes, but not all photographs need to be "artsy" to be good. Not all photos (beyond slight exposure or tone mapping) need to be over-processed and over-manipulated.

Photoshop and the like are great tools. Technology can be a wonderful thing and allow people to express themselves in a variety of ways. But for me, a simple unaltered photograph that can draw the essence of the subject and tell a story through the photographer's lens is something special. When the technology of editing surpasses the ability to compose and expose a proper photograph, that is when it has been taken too far and when the photograph is nothing more than over-manipulated crap..

Shoot on!

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Personally, no image makes my heart go "Thump!" as much as a clean, natural-looking nature shot.
    I may appreciate some "photo art", but I am not that interested in adopting another person's style.

One thing that I have noticed, is that sometimes a certain technique will "catch on".... Somebody will post a photo, others admire it and want to learn the technique. Then, for a while, it might seem like a lot of the photos look the same ... because the techniques are being shared, copied, and learned. In the learning process, there is a tendency to overdo a bit.

The good news is that these "fads" pass, and most of us will gravitate back to our own styles, and to a certain equilibrium in post-processing.

Some may diverge into a more "artsy" style, and that is a personal choice. Whatever makes you happy!

Hey! Have you looked at this week's theme? Photo Art

www.GreatBasinLife.com

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ironic choice of themes. I doubt I will participate this week - just on principle

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Ah! Go on ... you know you want to. :P

www.GreatBasinLife.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links