Are My Images Really that Crappy?

This is a discussion on Are My Images Really that Crappy? within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; With age comes wisdom. Good post,...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

With age comes wisdom. Good post,
    To make a difference in someones day or life, just be nice.

IAFF L-726

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    With age comes wisdom. Good post,
    - ok ok I know I'm an old sod

I'm guilty of not commenting on pictures.
    Poaceae you have only been a member for a couple of weeks in time you'll have plenty to contribute I am sure, you posted in this thread thats a start which is more than some of the other 78 viewers have done

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm not sure where to put this, so hopefully the Yorkshireman will see it and move it to the best location. I would find really helpful if the people posting pictures included the type of lens, focal length, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO with the picture. Any additional info (such as type of camera, light conditions, PP work, etc) is also appreciated. As I strive to improve my photographic skills, I realize how valuable this info is in future camera settings. I don't know about film cameras, but for those of us shooting digital most of this info is easily obtained. Passing info along so that others can learn is greatly appreciated.
    John B

Default title: Professional Member but I'm a (¯`PriNcEsS´¯)
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    good idea Poaceae!
    Camera settings and photo shoot set ups will really help newbies like me.

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I'm not sure where to put this, so hopefully the Yorkshireman will see it and move it to the best location. I would find really helpful if the people posting pictures included the type of lens, focal length, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO with the picture. Any additional info (such as type of camera, light conditions, PP work, etc) is also appreciated. As I strive to improve my photographic skills, I realize how valuable this info is in future camera settings. I don't know about film cameras, but for those of us shooting digital most of this info is easily obtained. Passing info along so that others can learn is greatly appreciated.
    You are recoprocating what I have said on many occasions for people if possible to post the EXIF data - on some post in particular such as macros, night shots and special conditions it would be very useful, all you can do is ask I wouldn't want to see it on every shot but certainly on those where manual settings have been used. If it isn't given just ask for it and I am sure it will be provided where available

For now I'll leave this post here as it follows on with what I have been saying which in the end really all adds up to a better experience for everyone on the forum

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Very good post, George. I agree with what everyone says. This place is so great to learn a lot of new things, photography related and not photography related. I've learned historical info here and I've read many a good story on here, (george). lol The more involved a person is on here, the more one will get out of it.
    [b]Nikon D90*Nikon D40x * Nikon 18-55mm * Nikon 55-200 * Nikon 50mm 1.4
    My desire in photography is to capture the essence of life, to make others catch their breath at the purity of the moment captured, I'm still working on that.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Interesting debate!
    I think because of the amount of posts each day it is very difficult to look,analyze and post a critique on every one.
    I tend to look at about 90% of posts and will leave comments if I really like,think it can possibly be improved (IMHO) or someone is asking for help and I have the knowledge to answer.
    That doesn't mean I dont like the others!
    One of the reasons I believe people do not comment is purely down to inexperience,it does feel awkward leaving comments on a post were you are not sure of the standard of the poster,and you may not have much experience in photography yourself.
    For myself, I participate in this forum to get ideas for my own use and feel it is very important to know what people like/dislike in a picture,whether they have any experience in photography or not is irrelevant,everybody knows what they like or dislike in a picture.
    I also enjoy giving help/advice where I can,but above all its fantastic to see inexperienced members improve rapidly over a short period of time (they also tend to be the ones who comment,ask questions and get involved)
    In summary, it doesn't matter what level you are at,people have posted their pics for you to look at and make comment,don't let them down!!
    If your picture doesn't get many comments don't be discouraged,analyse it yourself and go out and shoot more and better ones and the comments will come.

Peter
    Canon 40D, 30D, 70-200 L, 100 Macro, 75-300, 24-85 & 50 1.8

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    and feel it is very important to know what people like/dislike in a picture,whether they have any experience in photography or not is irrelevant,everybody knows what they like or dislike in a picture.
    I agree Peter, you don't have to be a technically proficient photographer to appreciate or respect an image and that goes for many things in life like when a play/movie gets panned by the experts yet the box office receipts are ringing, so who is right, I'm sure I would rather have appreciation from the public than one egotistical expert.

Equipment
    Canon 40D + 7D
    I fully agree with you. let's keep this forum a learning place.
    http://lorekphoto.com/
    "Des photos de femmes pour les femmes".

PHOTO EDITING OK
    Wow George well said and 100% true. I am actually surprised when some of my older post popup with new comments so it just goes to show that even the older post are being read.
    Dave

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Canon 400D | Canon 70-200mm f/4L EF (USM)
    My Site - PhotographTalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links