Rainy Day Blues

This is a discussion on Rainy Day Blues within the Casual Chat forums, part of the OTHER FORUMS category; Well, it's dreary and rainy here in NoVa today. I held out as long as I could after yesterday's somewhat impulsive decision to upgrade my ...

Thread: Rainy Day Blues

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well, it's dreary and rainy here in NoVa today. I held out as long as I could after yesterday's somewhat impulsive decision to upgrade my lenses, and went out today and bought the Nikon 18-200mm VR AND the 12-24mm!

For those of you who are comparison pricers, I got the 18-200 VR for $679 and the 12-24 wide zoom for $915. The camera shop gave me a measly $100 for my 18-55mm & 55-200mm lenses, but I didn't have to hassle with ebay, shipping, etc, so I'm fine with that. I got them to price match the VR (B&H) and take $25 off the wide zoom.

So here I am now with 2 new lenses and I am so excited!

I walked into the store really only intended to buy the 18-200mm but screwed up and asked to see the 12-24 lens - and it was all over with then - I just HAD to have it! I guess my tax return will now be put to good use Looks like I'll be living on Ramen Noodles for the next few months, that's for sure!

Anyway, I have planned a weekend trip to the Gettysburg Battlefields in early April and I really wanted the wide angle lens to capture the landscape. So thanks to everyone who recommended these lenses - and made me crack open my piggy bank and blow all my milk money

Get ready for some great photos!

Administrator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Congrats on your new gear and good luck!
    Admin

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Oh that's great - you will love them!!!! I want to see lots of pics!

OOOH I really want a wide angle lens!

I think I will go for an inexpensive on though...I've gone a bit lens crazy with the 3 I have....
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Jen, Here's an article I found comparing four wide zooms for Nikon.
    http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/nikkor-12-24mm/
    I believe at least one of the more "frequent" members here has the Tokina (for budgetary reasons). It faired very well in this review as well.

Jen
    Call me A Photo Forum Junky, I don't care!
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Thank you for the article!

Dane (Grandpa) has the Tokina. It's nice to see what different members have so that you get a real life comparison. can't wait to see some of your photos with your new wide angle!
    http://jenrinaldiphotography.smugmug...85_QHiat-S.jpg
    MYSPACE ~ FLICKR ~ DEVIANT ART ~ JPG
    Nikon D90 & D80 DSLR| Nikon 18-200mm VR | Nikon 70-300 VR |Nikon 105mm f/2.8 MICRO LENS | Nikon 50mm f/1.4 |Tokina 12-24 | Nikon SB800 | Minolta X700 SLR | Minolta 50mm |
    Minolta 35-105mm
    "When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." ~Ansel Adams
    PHOTO FORUM WEEKLY THEME
    PHOTO FORUM PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Very happy with my Tokina 12-24.

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Congrats on the new lenses - that was a measly offer from the Photo shop, good price on the 18-200mm VR though and you will love it and no doubt the 12-24

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I debated over going with the less expensive 12-24 lens but I was there and in the moment. I had both lenses listed on ebay for around $100 starting, so to know it was done - ah well. I now have 2 significantly better lenses and I cant wait to try them out

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links