Post-Beach camera exterior care

This is a discussion on Post-Beach camera exterior care within the Camera Handling and Caring forums, part of the Photography Tips category; Just came back from a misty, foggy day at the beach. I want to make sure to take proper care of the outside of the ...

Just came back from a misty, foggy day at the beach. I want to make sure to take proper care of the outside of the camera (not the sensor, not the lens, etc just the body. Want to make sure I get off any salt water vapors that are on the camera.

I've heard variations on "wipe with soft cloth" etc - anyone have a particular recommendation for what type/material of cloth, a mild cleaning solution, q-tips, etc?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    normal care should be enough, people take pictures on foggy days all the time. if you were there, in a tent, for a few days placing the camera in a plastic ziplock when not being used would have been a good idea (to protect the electrical contacts more than the body) but I am not even sure anything special needs to be done after just one day unless there is visual signs of deposits. What exactly are you nervous about? it's not like the exterior is going to rust.
    bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links