cleaned my sensor

This is a discussion on cleaned my sensor within the Camera Handling and Caring forums, part of the Photography Tips category; well, i cleaned the sensor of my canon rebel EOS film camera for the first time...ever, and it made a HUGE difference.... i looked on ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    well, i cleaned the sensor of my canon rebel EOS film camera for the first time...ever, and it made a HUGE difference.... i looked on the forum before i did it [i search around before i REALLY get into it] so thanks for that post =]

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I had a huge piece of dust on my sensor that was showing up in all of my pictures. I read the other posts on here but still was not confident that I could clean it myself. I took it to my local camera store 2 days ago and the guy at the counter was great. He showed me exactly how to clean it and what settings the camera should be on. Now I know I can take care of it on my own in the future.
    ~Elizabeth

Nikon D90
    Nikon D40
    Lenses: Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF; Nikon 18-55mm AF-S; Nikon 55-200mm VR AF-S, Nikon 18-105mm VR

My Photobucket Albums

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I just bought some swabs to clean mine, but I haven't done it yet. Wish me luck!
    Colleen

Sony a700
    Sony 18-70 3.5-5.6 kit lens
    Sony 16-35 2.8 Carl Zeiss
    Sony 85mm 1.4 Carl Zeiss
    Sony 50mm 1.4
    Sony 75-300 4.5-5.6
    Sony HVL-F36AM flash
    Alien Bee's B1600, AB800
    Some soft Boxes
    LR3 & CS4

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I had a huge piece of dust on my sensor that was showing up in all of my pictures. I read the other posts on here but still was not confident that I could clean it myself. I took it to my local camera store 2 days ago and the guy at the counter was great. He showed me exactly how to clean it and what settings the camera should be on. Now I know I can take care of it on my own in the future.
    Let's hear it for the local camera store!

“Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that,
    behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
    Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion.”
    (Albert Einstein)

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am using Canon 450. Photos are losing details because of lens dust.
    SOS Online Backup - Award Winning Online Backup Solution - PC Mag Editors Choice & Recommended by NY Times

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I use those baby booger blowers, like this:

bear with me. i don't have an escape button...

Super Moderator
    Equipment
    Canon 5D mk II, EF 14mm f/2.8L II, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 300mm f/2.8L IS, Speelite 430EX II, 5380EX II
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    It's good that you took the camera to a local store. Cleaning the sensor isn't "hard" once you know how to do it. But if you don't know how to do it and use the wrong approach, the potential for damage is high.

Half the time a photo store will do it while you wait and they won't charge you for it. But even if they do charge you for it, it's money well-spent if they show you how to do it properly.
    Tim Campbell

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links