One of the first few taking photography Seriously Here goes nothing :-)

This is a discussion on One of the first few taking photography Seriously Here goes nothing :-) within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Nikon D810 70-300mm 300mm -Auto ISO 64 1/640 f/5.6...

Equipment
    Nikon D810
    PHOTO EDITING OK

One of the first few taking photography Seriously Here goes nothing :-)

Nikon D810
    70-300mm
    300mm -Auto ISO 64
    1/640 f/5.6

Name:  white duck_5.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  437.0 KB

I dont understand your Headline. Are you saying you are the only one taking photography seriously? Now tell me about your pic of the duck. What do you like about it? What would you change, if you could?

PHOTO EDITING OK
    If you are criticizing your photography then I would like to say its really a good shot!

Saying its a good shot or a bad shot is not enough and helps no one. Explain yourself why you feel its a really good shot.

Equipment
    Nikon D810
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    First of all thank you for your replies. No I most certainly do not think I am the only one taking photography seriously, I was saying I am finally taking photography seriously. I barely know what I am doing.
    I spent much of the day trying to think about what I would have change. Since I had posted it I thought it is a decent shot. But maaybe a faster shutter speed.
    I actually tried to get a shot of the very moment the duck's bill just came out of the water.
    But the reason I like this shot is because it captures that moment between the most graceful part of its head coming out of the water. I like the eyes, and I like how the water droplets show the path of the ducks head.
    I wanted to see what people who know photography would say. I have looked at other photographs on this forum and thought they were great, but people who I assume know a lot about photography point out things that could be better.
    So I was just looking for constructive criticism.

An advantage you have is seeing a larger image and the details. Shutter speed is ok since you have nicely captured the water drops in the air. My attitude towards photography is I try to make each shot a wall hanger. When you are looking through the view finder really take a look. Imagine that pic hanging on your wall. If you moved your camera left or right, point it up or down a bit would it make a better difference? If its as good as you can get it then press the shutter. Otherwise shots are just snapshots and just a reminder of what you saw. Technically, your pic looks ok from what I can see. Exposure, ISO, Shutter speed and Aperture all gave a good photo. To me its just not an interesting composition. Someone else might find it great. Most important is what you think of it. Everyone has an opinion, but in the end its only your opinion that counts.

Equipment
    Canon 5DSR and 5D Mark IV
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    The colors and the focus on the duck are good. The background really doesn't work well with this image and try to employ the rule of thirds (duck is too near the center).

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I am not a professional, but i think photo is actually good because the color and object itself are fit perfectly. It could be better if the duck is more center. First, i thought zooming it out would be good, but i think its already good.

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links