Which is better please?

This is a discussion on Which is better please? within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Here are a few screen shots from my quads' GoPro. I'd like to know which photo, top or bottom is better in your view? And ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PHOTO EDITING OK

Question Which is better please?

Here are a few screen shots from my quads' GoPro.

I'd like to know which photo, top or bottom is better in your view? And why you like the one you like...please? The photo's are the same screen shot from the camera. Only difference is editing.....and software used. I know that pointing a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition camera at the setting sun is probably too much for the processor, but I like sunsets.

Photo #1:

Photo #2:

Your input will help me better understand what I need(or don't need) to do when I get back from 'playing', and maybe I can keep from making the same mistakes that I've been making in 'post'!

Scott (give me the lowdown) B
    Sony a350
    Sony kit lense 18-70
    Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX
    Sigma 70-300mm APO
    Sigma 2x teleconverter/10x adapters/Kenko extention tube kit

Canon XS10IS PowerShot {PNS camera}

GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition {hanging under a DJI F450 FlameWheel quadcopter}

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Name:  15194054429_204de38c28_b[1].jpg
Views: 139
Size:  190.4 KB

Your second shot is more realistic as far as color rendition for a sunset. I took the liberty of a few slight tweaks that i think pulls it all together.
    Think in the terms a sunset gives backlit subject matter, so in this case I opened up the shadows slightly, brought the yellow luminosity down a touch, which dulled the bright white of the immediate area surrounding the sun, and give it a touch of yellow glow, which to me helps draw the attention to the whole sunset in the image rather than that bright white spot right in the middle.

#1 lacks contrast and is some overexposed, washing out colors and giving a dull snapshot look to the overall images.
    Does anyone know of photography forum's that people Actually reply/comment to postings???

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like Charlie's edit; I think where you want to be is about half-way between them. Not sure how much information you have to work with, and whether darkening the first or brightening the second would be better.
    Visit my website: John's Photography Comments and critique always appreciated.

Equipment
    shen-hao 13X18 field camera, Fuji 6X9, Minolta Dynax-9, Sony Alpha 900, Canon eos5D, many historical and modern lenses
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    good the second. less extended "dead-white" zone around the sun and general better micro and macro contrast and colour strenght.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I like the second one. It's pragmatic. Very nice.

#2 please

PHOTO EDITING OK
    This royalty free photo, “Patient Is Doing Better, Please Don't Worry”, can be used in business, personal, charitable and educational design projects: it may be used in web design, printed media, advertising, book covers and pages, music artwork, software applications and much more. For more information please read our terms of use. Please note the image you download will not have a watermark.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    #2, as well as the version of Charlie_S

Equipment
    DSLR
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    photo 2 for sure

Equipment
    Canon 6D | Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 L II | Canon EF 35 f/1.4 L II | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L II | Canon 16-35 f4 L IS
    PHOTO EDITING OK
    Second photo look way better!

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links