Beginner Photographer - Critique Needed

This is a discussion on Beginner Photographer - Critique Needed within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; Hi, I am a beginning to take what was fun and interesting and putting the wheels in motion to turn it into a career. This ...

Hi,
    I am a beginning to take what was fun and interesting and putting the wheels in motion to turn it into a career. This is from my first official photoshoot. Please keep in mind that I am using a NIKON D3000 (in the market for a more professional/higher end camera, any suggestions will help there also). I also only used natural lighting and the stock 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR lens.

On to the photos - These were two of my favorite shots from that day. Any info and critique you guys can give me will be amazing.
    Thanks, ahead of time!

Krista
    Kaught Photography

[attachment=34224SC_0379.jpg]
    [attachment=34225SC_0325.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I feel they are both a little under exposed...could you have opened your f-stop at all to both get a better exposure and a better dof? On the first one, the model's shoulder/hair blend in a lot with the background - the dress is what stands out. Was this the intention?

I like the tilt on the second one - but am distracted by the shadow of the pillar coming out of her back.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    absolutely love the first one the dress makes me think of mermaids lol and the second is beautiful i love the lighting and her expression and everything about it, excellent shots

PHOTO EDITING OK
    In my opinion the two are too dark, the importance of a portrait is the face, at first did not look good the face of the model I like more if she looked to the camara.At the bottom cut should look all the modelīs hand.
    In the second I see the position of the model a bit forced, unnatural.
    On the positive side the sharpness of the photos.

Equipment
    Canon XTi Rebel and my imagination
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Well, for me, I really don't like the first one at all. The dress is the main componant and thats not good.
    However, I absolutely love the second one except for the tilt. I think the coloring is excellent. I like the darkness of it. It almost looks like it was taken at dusk or early moonlight. Either way, the atmosphere of the second one is great. I don't like the tilt though as it takes away from the 'feeling' of the image.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

---------------------
    Greg

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links