Please raise your hand! by idkhalid

This is a discussion on Please raise your hand! by idkhalid within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; A trip to Bali recently. this is what the local call " Kecak Dance ". Comment and Critics are welcome Exif: Camera : Canon EOS ...

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

A trip to Bali recently. this is what the local call " Kecak Dance ".
    Comment and Critics are welcome

Exif:
    Camera : Canon EOS 350D
    Shutter Speed: 1/400
    Aperture: f/4
    ISO: 1600
    Focal length: 70 mm ( using canon 70-200 2.8 non is )

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I rarely comment in this section -- mainly because I personally have difficulty being "brutally honest" as many on the forum are aware! However, I hate to see no comments when someone specifically asks for feedback.

When viewing this image my eye is immediately drawn to the figure in the top center with a checkered shirt and I don't think that was your intention for the image. The second place my eye goes is to the female on the right side dressed in bright pink and wearing head-gear. Again...not where I think you want me first to look.

I get the feeling that you are wanting to show the crowd raising their hands (is this the reference to dance?) but somehow, IMHO, your PoV seems off target for that. Is this image a crop from the original? If so, is it possible that a different crop could tell the story you are intending?

Hopefully others will join in and offer their comments and suggestions. Thanks for sharing.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    In all honesty I think sue gave some very good critique.
    KimR

Comments and Critique are always encouraged, considered and appreciated. Thank in advance too.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK

Thanks sue for break the ice .. well .. " the checkered shirt " is a cloth use by most of bali's people to wrap around their saccered statue. overall if u fortunate to see there is a " leading line " . where? starting from the lady toward the checkered cloth. for me 1st thing that catch my eyes is the hand with 2 ring. from there we will wonder accross the whole picture. it kind of telling some sort of story.

Image is not crop

Thanks ..

I think a lot of how we view these images has to do with how the pages are scrolled. The top portion of an image will usually take precedence over the bottom. So when you have something eye-catchy on the top, it will draw your eye, kwim. Of course, the photographer views their image in a different way, all at once.

When I look at it I first notice the hands, but the figure on the right (woman) pulls me in that direction. Then I continue toward the center ending with the black figure. In fact, it almost skips the man in between. I really like this. And I think your skin tones are awesome.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I'd like a bit more obvious "subject", you kind of have to guess what the main focus of the frame is.

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Quote Originally Posted by nanobel View Post
    I think a lot of how we view these images has to do with how the pages are scrolled. The top portion of an image will usually take precedence over the bottom. So when you have something eye-catchy on the top, it will draw your eye, kwim. Of course, the photographer views their image in a different way, all at once.

When I look at it I first notice the hands, but the figure on the right (woman) pulls me in that direction. Then I continue toward the center ending with the black figure. In fact, it almost skips the man in between. I really like this. And I think your skin tones are awesome.
    thanks nanobel ..

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I just quickly visited your blog. The image you have posted here does not reflect the talent and ability shown on your blog. Hopefully you will share some more images with us!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links