Website Critique Wanted

This is a discussion on Website Critique Wanted within the Brutally Honest Photo Critique Requested forums, part of the PHOTO FORUM category; I have finally gotten around to making a website for my photography, and I would love to know what everyone here thinks about it. This ...

PHOTO EDITING OK
    I have finally gotten around to making a website for my photography, and I would love to know what everyone here thinks about it. This is just the first phase, but I would love critique, however harsh it may be, to improve my site. On it, there is a collection of a bunch of my favorite work in their respective categories.
    Keegan Sawatzky Photography
    Thanks for looking,

-Keegan

Super Moderator
    PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    It's hard to go wrong when one is using Smugmug! Are you planning on setting prices?

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. On the home page, pick one or two large photos that really draw the viewer in. Put your best/most compelling work here, or I'm not going to want to click through to see more. Right now the thumbnails are too small for a home page.

2. I couldn't find any information about you! Create an "about the artist" page so that you viewers can create a connection with you.

3. The link from the title text is broken. Looks like you have it linked to your private URL, but the server is down.

PHOTO EDITING OK
    suesue:
    I am not sure quite yet if I want to set prices, because I don't know if anyone will actually buy my pictures haha. Your smugmug site is stunning! I really enjoyed paging through it

hchristensen:
    1: Yes I think the same thing, but am yet to figure out just how
    2: That is in the works as well, but it is hard to write about myself so I am trying to find someone else to do it for me.
    3:Thankyou for noticing that. The link that it takes you to is the domain that I will purchase soon without the '.smugmug' in the name. Do you think that that domain (keegansawatzky.com) is too long, not 'catchy' enough, and confusing with my last name? If, so, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for the critique and having a look both of you!

-Keegan

PHOTO EDITING NOT OK
    I think the domain name is fine, especially if that is the name you will be doing business under. If you find after some time that the domain is too hard for people to find/spell, you can always create a simpler one, or choose a different business name, and have one of the URLs redirect to the other. Besides, ideally most of your web traffic will be through search engines anyway, if you do your SEO properly. Good luck!

•  

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links